Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #131
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The Ruins

This land was dead long before the collapse of the tower and the falling of the Mage, a place of death long before monstrous corpses choked the black and stagnant waters of the moat. Death made a home for itself here as life was brutally torn from the land and the hold of death only increased with the falling of the One called Larry and the slaughter of his servants. The hold of death has weakened, however, and this terribly dead place now threatens to become a seedbed of life and not all of the fallen power of dead shadows can stop the advancing blades that seize life from the dirt of a dead land. The wind gathers itself, however, over the silent aggression of the grasses as if it were a breath spontaneously collecting itself before the exhalation of speech. Indeed, there is a speaking within the wind, a speaking which drives away the sun-warmed air of day and replaces it with the heavy cool of the grave.

Pitiful! Simply pitiful! So fearsome in your power. So strong in the security of your rule. So confident in the little toy you wore around your finger …… So splendidly pathetic in how easily you fell …... I bear the echoes of your death rattle within me -- such a deliciously mournful sound and so easily snatched from the air of this place …… Yes! O yes! Even your echo has been lost …... Ah! But do not worry, I am putting your wasted breath to far better use than you did within this tower and soon, having served my purpose, pitiful and forgotten little echo shall simply be consumed …… O yes!

Consumed …… As your remains are about to be by a few handfuls of grass! …… It is to laugh! You who named yourself a demi-god brought to nothing by one who stood before your power as less than these slender green blades. Ah! The splendid irony that he attacks you with grass even after you have fallen, that these blades and their hunger to live should consume every last trace of your power and leave you as less than a memory …… A demi-god! As if merely possessing power constitutes one a divinity! Too late you discover that there are games which allow for no such nonsense as that. A demi-god! You who could not so much as hold onto life in the face of those who could not match your strength? You who will soon be destroyed by grass? Grass! It has more hunger to live than a foolish little man who styled himself a god …… And where is she now, this Shar of your Forgotten Realms in whose power you felt so secure and whose hand is helpless to save you from the grass of another game?

So little you understood, you who took life and power as things to which you had a right. Small wonder that you were defeated …… Ah! But do not worry, my wretched little friend, for I have seen to your legacy ……. O! Yes! …… So careless were you that you did not even realize the scope of the power you wielded. But I have found the children of your carelessness, and I have raised them and raised them well to be faithful sons of their father. O yes! …… Your echo has served me well in speaking my words with your voice and instilling in them the hunger to live that you never possessed and their power grows even as yours fades beneath the growing of grass.

Grass, simple and overlooked. Such a little thing and neither you nor the others paid it any attention …… Even now a band of heroes has come convinced that the Hunger must be destroyed …… Fools! As foolish in their goodness and bravery as you in your power, but men of honor, like men of power, are ever easy to manipulate, and it took very little to create a disturbance and open again the one and only game in these wretched forums to ever have an ending …… Yes! The Hunger was never anything but the guardian of the grasses which would destroy every last trace of your power, the grasses none of you bothered to notice, and so it would have ended with the grasses destroying the realm of shadow and the breaking of the storms and the destruction of the Hunger …… Even now, the end of the game has arrived and neither you, my pitiful pretend divinity, nor they in their heroic striving beneath the earth, nor the children I have raised, can prevent this game from reaching its end a second time.

It is good that I should be here for this moment, that I who brought him to these outsider forums, that I whose hatred has made him what he is, should attend to the moment of his triumph …… As he breached your tower, he sang a terribly ancient song, a song about a champion of storm who risked himself to destroy the mighty dragon of chaos. But I know the ancient songs as well and there is one far older than any of your fantasy novels and game settings, one ancient long before even the Greeks he is so fond of quoted penned their tales. It also tells the story of a champion of storm who rode upon the clouds …… It tells of his desperate battle against the One Who Consumes, Death who swallows the living …… It tells of the swallowing up of storm by the hungry mouth of the grave …… Perhaps, I shall be the one to scribe a new ending to this game ……. O! Yes!

There is a shifting in the wind and a heavy stagnant pocket of air descends over the ruins. The grass grows still and its green color drains quietly away until after a few moments all is dead in this place, and all is silent with the silence of the grave, a silence that seems to laugh.

ooc: The good news is that with the destruction of the grass, Cyril's plan to completely destroy the remnants of the power of shadow has failed and the game can continue. The bad news is that the Devouring Wind now controls the Hunger, the Giants of Shadow, and the Ley lines to the other forums, and while it might not have Larry's power, it's a helluva lot more evil andwithout theModding Mage's redeeming qualities. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

[ 09-05-2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 09-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #132
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>

I have never read a post of that caliber and power before!

I think Cyril wins the "Best Writer Award."

Though...I have to say...Ouch!

The DW is definatlely off my Christmas Card mailing list!
Old 09-06-2003, 03:26 AM   #133
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic HP:62/74

Syrathic looked around the cavern, looking for his next opponent. From his position, he could see his friend Brendon looking over the Elf maiden. "She's hurt!" he thought angrily. He felt better seeing that Brendon was attending to her, and Syrathic decided that it he needed something to take his growing rage out on. He was disappointed to see no more shadow hounds; in fact, he thought it was odd that they would retreat all of a sudden. It was like they were being called away... "Strange," the Elf muttered aloud.

To the side, he could see Dantes and another man with a four Grimlocks. "Just what I wanted to see," he thought as he rushed into that direction, ready to sink his blades into the nearest Grimlock.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:03 AM   #134
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Kethotar (80/82)

Kethotar's weapons easily felled the grimlock. It had been paralyzed or something like that, almost making Kethotar disgusted. He hated slaughtering creatures when they had no means of defending themselves.
Turning his back on the corpse of the grimlock, the ranger noticed the human he had met earlier closing in on four grimlocks. He immediatly ran towards him, figuring there was more than enough for him there as well. "Need some help?," Kethotar said with a wry grin as he reached the human. Not waiting for any reply, he slashed his blade towards one of the grimlock's guts, and chopped towards it's head with his axe. He had tired from fighting grimlocks, and he wanted to get rid of them quickly.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:16 AM   #135
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

the still crouching form of ruby starts heaving, and trembling. holding tight to herself, anyone watching can tell she is trying to hold back throwing up wha tlittle contents are in her stomach, like a child who does not wish to be sick. her arms crossed in front of her belly, and her forehead on the ground, she really does appear childlike.

wyrd continues to battle this time choosing a grimlock. he knows he cannot help his companion, she has told him as much. she has cut all contact with anyone but himself, and she is scared. the only thing he can do is help clean up the stragglers of the invading force.

OOC: as wyrd has noted ruby has cut contact with all but him, she has started a psionic defense, mind blank, that would normally be on all the time (usually assumed it is on all the time) but she had taken it down while in the gnomish city, in hope of finding another psionicist in the city. it is not the best defense, but it is enough to alert her in case of needing something stronger for defense. also inertial barrier is still in effect if anyone has the mind to approach ruby while she is cowering you will be stopped approx 1 1/2 yards from her (3 yard diameter.) you can move then after one round of being stopped.

[ 09-06-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 09-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #136
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

[img]graemlins/elf.gif[/img]

Shadow ~~39/51~~

The Shadow nearly laughed when the injured young grimlock turned to face him, nearly, the hatred and rage he saw in the creatures eyes caused him to pause, and then drop his sword, this creature was far too young to bear such intense hatred for strangers, the shadowed one allowed his defenses to slip as he studied the creature's snarling. As it turned fully to face the walking shadow it was tackled, and (attempting to) bear it to the ground, where it would be bound, and it's wounds treated.

It was too late to change the attitudes of it's fellows, but perhaps the race could be saved by showing kindness to one of it's younger members, a prospect that seemed all the more likely given the amount of destruction the grimlock army had taken in this battle.

OOC: given the attack on the gnome city the creature will have a short life if it stays here. Assuming my attempt to capture it is successful, I will be regaining my weapon and cloak, and leading the grimlock out of the tunnel and releasing it, and the one bound and gagged on the floor. I imagine that this will take me some time to complete, so I'll refrane from posting for a while.

[ 09-06-2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 09-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #137
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>

Okay, so I see that the Four Grimlocks in the Western Corner are bieng attacked by Dantes, Kethotar, and Syrathic.

Posessor is handling one Grimlock and Shadow is handling one in the South area of the cavern. Those are all the Grimlocks left inside the cavern.
One is wounded and his wounds have been bound outside the cavern.
That makes 7.

By the way, at this time, I will be creating a small module on NWN to map out the next part of our adventure. It will not be very long, but will definately be exciting! This is the second to last major obsticle before being able to leave the caverns forever. But don't get hopeful yet. Cyril has been brewing a big mess for a long time...and it is going to be hellacious.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:44 PM   #138
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima 60/60 HP

The warm and magical potion revitalized the wounded Ana, and she began to stir. Opening her eyes, she saw Brendon and others near, and was glad to see them. She now had enough power to stand on her own, and refused Brendon's outstretched hand to help her up. Shaking the dust off the back of her outfit and looking about, she stated, "Well...it appears that I have slept long enough and is now time to heal this sore curse upon our friends. I shall start with you, Brendon."

She studied in her mind the spells that she had already used and what was left in her ability before full rest and recovery would be needed to return her to full power. She had exausted most of her spell power in the battle, but still had some lower-level spells left.

Anarrima casts : Cure Light Wounds : Brendon : Recovered 5 HP.

Brendon 46/70 HP

Brendon felt the healing powers of the spell bring back the strength in his body, albeit just a little...was still refreshing.

OOC>>>

Cyril, I could not find the mention of your's of how to calculate HP healed when a spell is cast...I just remember you saying it was lower than the NWN's manual describes. I therefore cast a level one spell and healed Brendon 5hp, thinking this was at least safe to assume. Correction accepted if wrong.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #139
Legolas
Jack Burton

The Possessor - 68/76

The weight on his back appeared less, but the sinking of teeth into his flesh taught him something was still holding on. The man saw in his memories a teeming horde of gibberlings. Snarling, hissing, they jumped up and clung to him, piling their weight to bring him down. He had emerged triumphant, though the warrior had been bleeding through a thousand cuts. They had loved it, and caught more of the little monsters soon after.
And now, there was only one. Only one?
The gladiator took another step forward as he sought to maintain his balance, and realised he would have to take this load off his back. The Possessor dropped his shield and weapon. Thankful that tradition demands his upper torso be unrestricted by any armours he reached over his shoulders for the grimlock, and upon finding the creature sank through his knees and tugged.
When it came flying overhead, there would be no time to gather again his weaponry, so there would be little for it but to use his fists.

[ 09-08-2003, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 09-08-2003, 09:37 AM   #140
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I really enjoy your flashbacks, Leggie! They make for a great story!
Closed Thread