Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2001, 05:33 PM   #131
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Wow , sounds awesome ... I agrea the school system in America needs some serious help ... I would love to see what your schools are like ....... and your right about bakeries here ... especially in my town ... I would be so happy if someone would come into town that could make real food, the best food I've ever had was in Club 33 in Disneyland (a secret 5 star restraunt in Disneyland ... made for members of club33) I knew someone who could get us in .... and I have never before or after tasted such good food, I would love to try German bread .... Maybe someday when I'm touring Europe (which I hope to do) I'll drop by a German Bakery and try it out ...
Old 08-30-2001, 05:38 PM   #132
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
Wow , sounds awesome ... I agrea the school system in America needs some serious help ... I would love to see what your schools are like ....... and your right about bakeries here ... especially in my town ... I would be so happy if someone would come into town that could make real food, the best food I've ever had was in Club 33 in Disneyland (a secret 5 star restraunt in Disneyland ... made for members of club33) I knew someone who could get us in .... and I have never before or after tasted such good food, I would love to try German bread .... Maybe someday when I'm touring Europe (which I hope to do) I'll drop by a German Bakery and try it out ...
Do try, it's worth it. While we were living in America my dad was so frustrated about the lack of good bread that he baked his own... we've still got the recipe somewhere but don't need it anymore. Would you be interested?
One of the things I love about German school is the (relatively) neutral history lessons. Something I noticed about American history - uncomfortable happenings in American history are not talked about very often. In German history lessons, because there are a LOT of unpleasant things in Germany's history we discuss them. I won't say our lessons aren't unbiased, but they're definetely LESS biased than the school I went to in America.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-30-2001, 05:46 PM   #133
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Yes I'm definately interested in that recipe ... that would be sooo cool .... your right about the bias, its so funny when you go into one of the southern states and their talking about "the war of northern aggresion" and that "slavery wasn't that bad" .... and it kinda makes you feel like people are being brainwashed ..... and I'm sure it's the same with other things .... one of the things I find the funniest, is when people hold grudges against things that didn't happen to them ... that weren't done by someone else, but since they happen to live in the same place as the person who did it "its all their fault" don't you agree ...
Old 08-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #134
Kaz

I agree, can't think of any examples though
I still remember the "Pledge to the Flag" with horror (I crossed my fingers while saying it), my brother invented a new version:
"I pledge allegiance to the frog
of the Divided States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands
two nations under smog
invisible and liberty and just rice for all"
I love it. In Germany you do not have to do things like that on account of recent events in German history. I'm considering going to the US again next year in 11th grade. Do you have to do the pledge even if you're an exchange student?

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-30-2001, 06:03 PM   #135
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Lol ... thats hilarious .... actually you don't have to do the pledge at all ... especially if your an exchange student ... and if anyone else tells you different their full of BS .... that would go against everything the U.S. is supposed to stand for if you were forced .... if anyone try's to make you do it then they are idiots and just tell them what I told you ..... so anyway ... what part of America did you live in when you were here ... and if you come back where would you go ...
Old 08-31-2001, 09:40 AM   #136
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

HellO! Morn to all of ye!!!

Well, well... a surprise it is to see this on page two!!!

But, I am to bump it up already

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen!
Old 08-31-2001, 10:48 AM   #137
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb yawned as he was awakened by Bahamut's "good morn!", he then shambled over to the bar and ordered a mug of something with caffeine in it.
Old 08-31-2001, 11:00 AM   #138
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
Lol ... thats hilarious .... actually you don't have to do the pledge at all ... especially if your an exchange student ... and if anyone else tells you different their full of BS .... that would go against everything the U.S. is supposed to stand for if you were forced .... if anyone try's to make you do it then they are idiots and just tell them what I told you ..... so anyway ... what part of America did you live in when you were here ... and if you come back where would you go ...
Good late afternoon guys! I used to live in Guilford, Connecticut, a town near New Haven. I have a good friend who is currently going to a boarding school in Arizona, she told me that they have an exchange program with Germany called ASSIST - anyone heard of it? Otherwise I'd like to go to a place like Seattle (was there several times). Definetely a larger town in a relatively urban area (I believe the whole of Germany, minus several mountains, qualifies as an "urban area" so I'd probably not like it too much out in the country), but not a large city like L.A. or New York. If I go to the south I'd probably die because Europe has a very mild climate. Did you know this? The only reason Europe has the climate it does although its so far north is the Gulf Current (or hows it called) which brings warm water to us, which in turn heats up the continent. If global warming continues, it's likely that it will change course, which means that we get temperatures like in northern Canada. Joy.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 12:05 PM   #139
Kaz

I just checked Who's Online... Guys, I know you're out there, POST SOMETHING! I'm beginning to get bored!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 12:44 PM   #140
Lioness
Jack Burton

Hi Kazara! How ya doing? I see yuo've been here quite a bit.
Hi Bahamut! How are you? Want anything?
Morning Neb! Here's some coffee.

C'mon in, converse!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel