Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2003, 12:37 AM   #131
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, the designs here tend to be more streamlined and several of the brides I've seen chose ankle-length, slinky numbers. I'd probably go for an empire cut dress myself, but then again there's no rush in my case

Downunda - That sounds nasty. Have you ever thought of extracting your wisdom teeth? I had mine removed (two at a time) when I was 18 and don't go through the discomfort that I'm seeing my colleagues plagued with.

It is a public holiday, the sun is out and yet I am pestered by a nagging thought that I have to produce a work-related report tomorrow. I have 27.5 days of vacation leave left for this calendar year and not much of a chance of getting a decent break (by which I mean minimally 5 consecutive days off work), because it is the so-called peak period and we are expected to be up in full force in case an emergency crops up. Argh... I wish I didn't sound so whiney but I am feeling so irritable [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] I bet it has to do with the fact that I'm reaching my 5th year in the same organisation and never gone for a long holiday all this while [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 12:42 AM   #132
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Awe, we all seem to be having a bad day. Group hugs!
That is very welcome at this point in time, LadyBlue. Thanks
Old 11-25-2003, 01:01 AM   #133
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Awe, we all seem to be having a bad day. Group hugs!
That is very welcome at this point in time, LadyBlue. Thanks [/QUOTE]No prob Mistral. My day wasn't very fun either. I got a nice hug from my mommy though

Eh, my wisdom teeth were fully grown in by the time I was 16, and i got room in my mouth for more, lol! I do have to go to the dentist again tomorrow so they can do the second set of fillings *cries*
Old 11-25-2003, 01:26 AM   #134
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I want a hug from my mummy
Old 11-25-2003, 01:29 AM   #135
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

forget the hug... I'm a horus!

Makes my day that does [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 07:34 AM   #136
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
quote:
I'm not talking about that girl I wasn't sure about. I'm talking about a girl who was blatantly, obviously, undeniably attracted to me. She unfortunately decided against pursuing a serious relationship with me under the fear that it may get a little too "hot and heavy". I personally think I have more will power than that, but I've found it's better not to push such issues.

P.S. if we're gonna keep following this conversation, lets take it to the Cafe lest they accuse us of hijacking the threads original topic.
so if she likes you, and you like her, follow it up, seems simple enough to me. [/QUOTE]I'm going to work from the assumption that you missed the 3rd sentence, so if I'm wrong please excuse my mistake.

Anyways she said that she didn't want to pursue because she was afraid we'd end up having pre-marital sex. I'm a virgin and she isn't, and she doesn't want to mess that up. I respect her decision. Right now we're cool with each other, but just friends.
[/QUOTE]I understand, so what about the other two i've heard you mention?
Old 11-25-2003, 07:39 AM   #137
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Horus...err.. Downunda.... eef, that must be painful! All my wisdom teeth were impacted so I had to have them removed several years ago. Not something I'd like to repeat, mind you, but I'm glad I got it done!

Mistral, I know what you mean. They have all sorts of styles for wedding attire. I've even seen shorts for the bride! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] But I like the fuller, more romantic ones. Of course having a wide figure makes the slimline dresses out of the question for me anyway! LOL

I'm off to work now but have to go pet my cats, they're being cute and cuddly this morning!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:51 AM   #138
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I had a great day today
I do physics at high school and today we had an excursion to Wonderland (Australian theme park). It was really cool to be at such a great place with so many of my close friends. Excellent day, and a well earned holiday, although it was a 4 hour drive to Sydney, even the bus ride was great because i had so many people to talk to.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:54 AM   #139
Link
Jack Burton

School trips are always fun.. to students, that is. It's hell for the teachers, I would imagine
Old 11-25-2003, 08:57 AM   #140
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

what a lovely day!!!!

we got to sleep last night! erilyn saw the nurse practitioner again yesterday. she still doesn't see any signs of infection. good light reflection from the ear drum, and her tonsils are a little swollen but not red. she still wants her on motrin every six hours and a decongestant, but has added some numbing ear drops (i found it so ironic that you mentioned them stormy) and an antibiotic. erilyn no longer has pink eye, but her facial tissue around her eyes is puffy, like a sinus infection might do. so i guess she figured that the antibiotic may help because she is showing very slight symptoms of several different kinds of infections, maybe there is something she is just not seeing.

all of this actually worries me tho. my oldest about this same age had tonsilitis for the first time. kind of same symptoms, just enough of a fever long enough to be concerned, redness in ears and puffy face so they first declared a sinus infection, however uncommon at this age. she was put on amoxicillan. eventually her fever spiked again and we had her in the er on my second mothers day. that produced nothing. finally another dr's visit and it was discovered she had tonsilitus. i don't want to go through that again! besides our er co-pay is $100! we're having trouble affording the $15 co-pay to the dr's office!

but at least we slept, and erilyn is napping now. i'm thinking of taking a bath instead of a nap.

lb-pregnancy and child rearing is so hard or scary. it has to do with a lot of love and that is what makes it all ok. we had a rough weekend because justice refused to come up and visit (my parents have custody of her, long story) anyway the last two days when i have talked to her on the phone it has been all "i love you"s and "i miss you"s out of her. and when erilyn isn't testing her boundary's she loves to play peek-a-boo and poke at my belly button.

cloudy-i really want a rennasaince wedding. i know i'm already married, but nathan and i have agreed to do a vow renewal so that we can both enjoy the fun of a real wedding, rather than just have our day in front of a jp to remember. it is conveniant too since we married here in pa, and none of nathan's family was able to attend. so if we do a vow renwal in idaho his family will be able to attend and join in the merry making! i am so excited about it. so i guess no long trains for me, but then again i don't think one would go so nice with an outdoor wedding.