Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2002, 09:14 AM   #131
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Good morning, all! It's a beautiful, clear, and CHILLY morning here in North Texas, although it'll probably warm up later today. Hope everyone is doing well.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-13-2002, 09:19 AM   #132
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, Saz. Yeah, it's 40 degrees at my house, but gawgeusss. Hope all is serene in Denton. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cloudy, 7 [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] to go. The tension is building.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:24 AM   #133
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Hey, Saz. Yeah, it's 40 degrees at my house, but gawgeusss. Hope all is serene in Denton. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cloudy, 7 [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] to go. The tension is building.
It is, Attalus, and thank'ye! [img]smile.gif[/img] It looks like it's going to be a good day.

I've noticed Cloudy's post count, LOL...bet it's going to happen today! (Awful, isn't it...like we're sitting around waiting to see if she's going to "domino"...ROTFL!!) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

Old 11-13-2002, 09:28 AM   #134
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah talking about weather here is it -8 degrees and snowing we have got 35 cm snow in one day so it is great hehe! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 09:30 AM   #135
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
[QBI've noticed Cloudy's post count, LOL...bet it's going to happen today! (Awful, isn't it...like we're sitting around waiting to see if she's going to "domino"...ROTFL!!) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

-Sazerac[/QB]
Yeah, when and where will it happen? Surely in her beloved Cafe. How are your students? My patients are a pain this morning.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:37 AM   #136
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
[QBI've noticed Cloudy's post count, LOL...bet it's going to happen today! (Awful, isn't it...like we're sitting around waiting to see if she's going to "domino"...ROTFL!!) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

-Sazerac
Yeah, when and where will it happen? Surely in her beloved Cafe. How are your students? My patients are a pain this morning.[/QB][/QUOTE]Attalus, that's prolly because they are IN pain.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:41 AM   #137
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Hey everyone, hey cloudy I hope to see yer 10k, i'm really happy for you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 09:50 AM   #138
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Att, well, my students would be just fine if they had BOOKS. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] It's now the 5th day of class, and my Microsoft Excel students still are without books. You know what it's like to teach Excel without a book? I'm having to use the Proxima (overhead projector) and let them follow me through the exercises. GRRRR! Right now they're doing their lab work, which required me to photocopy page after page of problems from the one book I have. Oh...and of course, if they have a problem, they can't look in their [nonexistant] book to see how the problem is worked, so hey nonny nonny, here Sazerac goes a-trotting to help them find where the "Save As..." command or the "Zoom" button is located on the screen.

Oh, yeah...I'm just a TEENSY bit frustrated and angry. This isn't just a one-time occurrence, either. It's happening more and more often. Computers that won't let students log in, student accounts that mysteriously get locked as "read-only" so they can't save their work, textbooks that don't arrive on time (we only have a 6-week session, so basically, 5 days without textbooks is 1/6 of the entire course). It's not just my class, either...all of us are suffering.

Retention at the school is down to 60%. They (the administration) actually have the gall to wonder WHY. I say, get working computers, a network administrator who doesn't have his head center so firmly implanted in his BUTT center, and get textbooks on time, and see if retention improves. Wow! Concept.

Needless to say, I'm in search of another job...one in an environment not quite so filled with incompetents.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

Old 11-13-2002, 10:19 AM   #139
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hmmmm, CD, all the patrons are shivering- maybe you should turn off the airconditioner! [img]tongue.gif[/img] *Hands him a rag and points to soapy floor*- Get moving and clean that up, or you get dishwashing duty too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*mutters darkly and goes off into a dark corner to sulk, mades a face at Cloudy and sticks tounge out. Turns off air con..*

Quote:
Yeah, that's what he gets for not reading the whole post. [img]tongue.gif[/img] CD, I am not a "Guildmaster" in the Anti-Anomen Society, merely Assistant to the Founder.
*kicks Att's seat and mutters darkly about spiking his drink with something...* bah, you naaaaaaaaasty ppl. *refuses to clean up the floor* thats what the waitresses are for... *mutters darkly about this insufferble indignity* (well, I *am* an addolscent...) *walks out of cafe and stops, returns to dark corner to sulk. Sulks until Cloudy posts next*

[ 11-13-2002, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 11-13-2002, 11:35 AM   #140
Sio

Hi all!
Just got in and ive just got IWD2 so sorry but I cant stop around to play cause im gonna go boot it up for the first time right now!
Also watched Star Wars Episode 2 for the first time ever on DVD last night.
WOW! thats all I can think of and is all that sums AOTC up, and the crispness of the DVD......swoeeeeeeee verrrry nice! so so sharp! [img]smile.gif[/img]