Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #121
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
Answering your nitpickings made me think of one myself:

Why is Ultra Magnus gets blown to bits by Scourge and The Seekers and is repaired in no time by the Junkions without even a scratch to show for it, yet Optimus gets a few shots to the windshield by Megatron and subsequently bites the dust?
Optimus Prime died of injury.

Ultra Magnus got blown to pieces, theres a differance.

[/QUOTE]Nah, there's a different reason. The Optimus Prime toy was taken out of the stores, while the new Ultra Magnus toy had only recently hit the shelves. And yes, it's as morbid as that. Don't forget the cartoon was nothing more than a large toy advertisement, else better writing and more time for character development (like was properly done in the later Beast Wars and Beast Machines series) would have been involved.
[/QUOTE]Shh [img]tongue.gif[/img] I know but I'm treying to avoid that issue thankyou

I can't face the truth..that can't be the reason...You lie

But they did also sell Beast wars emrchandise, I have three toys. Surely both f the series must have been advertisements too?
Old 09-05-2002, 09:31 AM   #122
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:

Was Megatron actually defeated in the end?
We'll never know, actually... The 12-parter Generation 2 comic series ended after a large battle in which both the Autobots and Decepticons had joined forces, and knowing there were never any official comics in the US run released after that, we won't know if that's the case or not. The series was cancelled after those 12 parts, unfortunately, mostly because of the disappointing sales of the Generation 2 toys (which were mostly ugly repaints of Generation 1 toys).
Old 09-05-2002, 09:34 AM   #123
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
quote:
Someone mentioned one of the dinobots not coming out, he does actually appear in the devastator fight, but not ever again after that, don't know why though.
Nope, only Grimlock (T Rex) , Swoop (Pterodactyl) and the Tricerotops and the Diplodocus appear in the fight with Devastator. Snarl the Stegosaurus doesn't appear at all.[/QUOTE]No way I remember Dvasator picking him up up and lifting him over his head, he then gets tackled by the triceritops.

Although the diplodocus did always look similar.

Ah well I suppose its a glitch like when Hound is seen helping Kup with the roadworks at the beginning of the omovie and than at the shuttle along with PRime and Sunstreaker

Glitches ahoy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #124
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:

But they did also sell Beast wars emrchandise, I have three toys. Surely both f the series must have been advertisements too?
Of course! But that one had a more "mature" tone from the start, Beast Wars was more of an attempt to revive an old formula by doing things "differently". Mind you that in Beast Wars, both factions never had more than 6, 7 members. Granted, if you look at the Beast Wars toys, there are 3, sometimes 4, different toy versions of each of those members...
Once the transformers formula was revived, Robots in Disguise and Armada now turned the phenomenon back to its roots: the eternal "good vs evil" battle in a series meant to interest the Digimon/Pokemon generation for Transformers, and not to please the old fans. And to sell lots of toys, of course.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:43 AM   #125
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
quote:

Of course! But that one had a more "mature" tone from the start, Beast Wars was more of an attempt to revive an old formula by doing things "differently". Mind you that in Beast Wars, both factions never had more than 6, 7 members. Granted, if you look at the Beast Wars toys, there are 3, sometimes 4, different toy versions of each of those members...
Once the transformers formula was revived, Robots in Disguise and Armada now turned the phenomenon back to its roots: the eternal "good vs evil" battle in a series meant to interest the Digimon/Pokemon generation for Transformers, and not to please the old fans. And to sell lots of toys, of course.
[/QUOTE]They're prostituting the Transformewr name like they did with Power rangers....the differance is Transformers was actually good once.

I have another querie by the way, in the Hate plague episodes on TV when Optimus takes the Matrix from Rodimus Rodimus must have returned to being Hot Rod (the headmasters episodes).So in that same episode why didn't prime revert to being the Prime before he was Matrix upgraded?

You somehow have all the answers to these questions sorry
Old 09-05-2002, 10:14 AM   #126
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Nah, there's a different reason. The Optimus Prime toy was taken out of the stores, while the new Ultra Magnus toy had only recently hit the shelves. And yes, it's as morbid as that. Don't forget the cartoon was nothing more than a large toy advertisement, else better writing and more time for character development (like was properly done in the later Beast Wars and Beast Machines series) would have been involved.
True, after all the main reason why so many transformers bit the dust in the movie was so that Hasbro could introduce new characters and thus promote a new range of Transformer figures.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:15 AM   #127
Deathbringer

Quote:

4-The Autobots hadn't been there long and obviously Megatron knew that shuttles had to go too and from Earth to the moonbase, so he decides to takeover a shuttle which would enable the decepticons to get past Autobot city's/Metroplex's defences. Thats why he wanted to captutre the shuttle in the first place.
Yes but what I'm saying is, is that they could have stolen the shuttle, taken it back to Cybertron. Then attacked the moons. Now knowing prime, he would have contacted earth to say he was being attacked. Once the decepticons killed prime they could have used the shuttle to get through the autobot city still beacuse the autobots probably would have thought that it was survivers of the attack.

Old 09-05-2002, 10:26 AM   #128
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:

4-The Autobots hadn't been there long and obviously Megatron knew that shuttles had to go too and from Earth to the moonbase, so he decides to takeover a shuttle which would enable the decepticons to get past Autobot city's/Metroplex's defences. Thats why he wanted to captutre the shuttle in the first place.
Yes but what I'm saying is, is that they could have stolen the shuttle, taken it back to Cybertron. Then attacked the moons. Now knowing prime, he would have contacted earth to say he was being attacked. Once the decepticons killed prime they could have used the shuttle to get through the autobot city still beacuse the autobots probably would have thought that it was survivers of the attack.[/QUOTE]But you're forgetting one crucial factor here Deathbringer...who was in charge of the attack

I was thinking about how they killed off the G1 characters to make way for the new ones because they weren't selling well...but what about Prowl, he was one of the best toys and he was the second transformer to die in the movie? While Cliffjumper (goodish toy but didn't sell to well) made it. Although Cliffjumper wasn't seen ever again after the movie but...

BTW-Does anyone here have Metroplex, or has anyone seen him in real life?
Old 09-05-2002, 10:32 AM   #129
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:

I have another querie by the way, in the Hate plague episodes on TV when Optimus takes the Matrix from Rodimus Rodimus must have returned to being Hot Rod (the headmasters episodes).So in that same episode why didn't prime revert to being the Prime before he was Matrix upgraded?

Another marketing trick, I'm afraid. You see, there was both a Hot Rod and a Rodimus Prime toy. And they both had to be sold... Or the other way around, they just wanted to sell two different versions of the same character. The existance of the Rodimus Prime toy probably has to do with the effort of Hasbro to have both a new leader that still has a part of the charisma of Optimus Prime, so they gave the upgraded Hot Rod some sort of trailer in result.

As for Metroplex: one of my friends had one in those days, and it actually wider than it was large, almost. Not really 'impressively big'. Fortress Maximus, now that's a large toy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-05-2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-05-2002, 10:33 AM   #130
Deathbringer

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:

Yes but what I'm saying is, is that they could have stolen the shuttle, taken it back to Cybertron. Then attacked the moons. Now knowing prime, he would have contacted earth to say he was being attacked. Once the decepticons killed prime they could have used the shuttle to get through the autobot city still beacuse the autobots probably would have thought that it was survivers of the attack.[/QUOTE]But you're forgetting one crucial factor here Deathbringer...who was in charge of the attack
[/QUOTE]Megatron..... I don't quite understand what you're getting at ?
Are you saying Megatron is a dumbass?

[ 09-05-2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]