Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 12:20 AM   #121
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima 67/67

She watched with mild amusement as the bladesinger tried to make his case for showing up uninvited and in obvious pursuit of adventure.

"I suppose that since you are here you can stay. But don't think that I won't turn you around if Lady Fairhand commands it. For now, She seems indifferent at your proposal, so then that's settled.

Come along! We must hasten our step, for I have been feeling troubled as of late, and I fear that we are needed somewhere, yet the Lady keeps Her secrets so I am walking into this with no fore-knowledge of the events to come."

She waits for the elf to come near, so that they could then journey on down the path to an unknown destination.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:10 AM   #122
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Kynnen 57/85

Kynnen heard a shout to the side, and glanced over to see the last of the enemies fall dead. Last, except for the elf infron of him. He smiled wickedly and looked at the elf "Dead. Everyone. Do you feel it? Do you feel your own doom approaching?" he struck out with his halberd at Silt, but Silt dodged easily "Still offering resistance? Waele. You can not win!" With his halberd in a blocking position, Kynnen moved to the side of Silt, to place him between himself and the mage Andrion, and to try and block his escape. "Surrender, and I wil be mercyfull." By mercyfull, Kynnen meant to kill him in one minute, instead of two. But he quite wanted this one to surrender. The loss of the two previous potential sources of information meant that Silt was the only one who could help find Larry and kill him. The only way for Kynnen to get close enough to the Mad One... He attacked again.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:40 AM   #123
Legolas
Jack Burton

Friends around the table

Where the waiters had failed to carry the dishes to the table which the cooks had failed to prepare, at least the tables were set quite finely.
The intricate patterns on the tablecloth were mirrored on the many plates. A variety of rare and exotic birds, who had likely never seen a marsh in their lives, so appeared to make their nests here amidst the guests who had failed to show. Great care had been taken with the positioning of the candelabra, for it would not do for a passing sleeve to catch on fire. The silverware was arranged with equal loving care for protocol, and polished to a sparkling shine. Cups made of... hold on.

While Lex continued to wield the flames, being the first between the creature and the others, a rattling sound was heard as the guards armed themselves. The only one not preoccupied for the moment, the bearded warrior took it upon himself to answer the challenge.

"You have done enough killing, fiend. Return to the everburning flames that spawned you and leave us in peace!"

A sharp hiss from Wellin, and he added: "Um, please."
Old 02-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #124
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Silt Vs. Kynnen

Kynnen's roll to hit against Silt: Failed miserably!
In fact, it has been suggested that a "1" is the opposite of a critical, and that it means you either trip up or fumble your weapon or even break it. For Silt to be able to post next, I will go ahead and say that your lunge at him that missed sent you fumbling forward, and that you are trying to regain your balance.

Silt's move. He has a high advantage now.

[ 02-10-2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #125
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Nanashi

"I see that you arrre the unrrreasonable one in this grrroup. Maybe yourrr death will loosen the tongue of one of yourrr frrriends."

Nanashi advanced toward this man with a casual pace at first, but then her movements were drastically augmented when she quickened her pace, came within striking distance of the flaming table legs and batted them away with her right hand to the right as her left hand followed, bringing with it claws that ripped his throat out in the swipe. She continued to follow her momentum to the right, coming up with her left foot to kick the man's head, which knocked it off his torso, having already been worked loose with the claw attack.

The head flew halfway across the room, and finally stopped. face turned up in a hideous death stare.

"Well...that turrrned out betterrr than I even imagined!

Now who is rrready to talk?
"

OOC>>>I checked on Nanashi's moves per round. With her level, she stopped short of doing the allowable limit. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #126
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Yevaud

Upon hearing Anarrima's words the elf readjusted his backback, and practically tripped over his feet in his haste to get moving again. You can try to turn me around, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit out an adventure now that I'm here, much less allow the lady to come to harm. He nodded to her that he was ready, and apparantly accepted her warning about possibly being sent away. "Is it the silence of the woods that troubles you? Or something... else?"
Old 02-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #127
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima 67/67

She began leading the way with her newfound partner in tow. They walked through the forest, admiring the strength of the trees despite this forest's age. It had not been but a few decades that this very woodland had nearly burned to the ground due to magics that were carelessly cast about within. The recovery of the forest had been a good one, and the trees were doing well.

"Its just that there is this darkness in my thoughts, telling me that there is a shadow over the land where a light should be. With such dreams, I felt that the Lady has been telling me that a new evil has come upon the land. I have faced a simliar darkness before, and am ready to do so again.

So tell me, how good are you with that blade of your's? I have heard many increadible tales of bladesingers...but I have never heard any about you. Care to enlighten me?"

OOC>>>A typical "golden elf" attitude, ingrained in their genes. Forgive her. She really is good...

[ 02-10-2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #128
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Yevaud

It was an odd thing, the elven language was a beautiful thing, like the wind passing through the boughs of an ash tree, or the music of a stream passing through a shallow spot, tinkling like bells. To hear Ana talk, it was like the wind howled in rage as it brushed past the tree, or the stream, wounded by an aqueduct that carried much of it away into a gray jumble of noise. Her time with the drow had broken parts of her, and her speach was the most immediately noticable piece, she likely hadn't noticed the drowish she'd slipped into many parts of her tales, but through placing them in the context of the rest of her story he was able to decipher most of what she said, most of the time.

Being very careful to ensure he had understood her, and trying not to let it show that he had noticed that she wasn't always easy to understand he nodded. Drawing his blade he went into his kata routine while walking. A short series of practice movements and a low whistle arose as the sword seemed to float through the air slowly and lazily, then abruptly turning in the opposite direction and slicing through the air with blinding speed. After continuing for a few minutes progressively growing more aggressive in his strikes. He hooked a pine cone under one foot and flipped it into the air, and did a 3/4 turn bringing the blade in slow-motion arc from underneath the cone. Then switched to a horizontal cut, abruptly changing the direction of his spin. As he came to a stop the blade had returned to it's sheath and four pieces of a pine cone spun on a patch of bare earth along the game trail they followed.

"Was that what you had in mind?" he raised an eyebrow as he looked at the cleric.

[img]graemlins/elf.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #129
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Kynnen 57/85

Kynnen swung his halberd from right to left, and as was looking where it would hit Silt he failed to notice something important... Do something important... Somehow, he forgot to move his foot out of the way of the butt of the halberd, and the weapon hit him right in the naked left ankle. A painfull popping sound could be heard as Kynnen's face turned into a grimace of pain and supprise. He looked down to see something odd about how his leg was bent. That.. isn't supposed to bend that way.. he thought, before he regained his concentration on the fight at hand. Hopping first on one foot, trying to shake some feeling into the other, he used the halberd to help hold himself standing. He could only hope that he can defend himself from Silt's attack if it came. Actually, he now hoped the man would run away.

OOC: That reduces my speed to half, right? Did I recieve any damage with it?

[ 02-10-2005, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 02-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #130
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Silt 45/80

Silt winced as he took yet another blow from this deadly drow. Even with a Halberd he seemed an ample match for the experienced Silt. The hardened fighter may have met his match. What had looked like a battle of certain victory had now turned into a battle of certain defeat; unless something could be done.

Kynnen's own stupidity could yet have been the saviour of the elf's life, for the drow slipped before him, leaving himself vulnerable to Silt's own discression. Luckily for the drow the elf took a second to consider his actions. As a young elf he could picture himself simply hitting Kynnen, over and over and over, until the Drow fell to the ground, dead. As an older, hardened warrior, Silt looked back to his younger years and realised maybe this was not the best option. He wanted retribution, rather than do die himself. He would do this properly...

As Vincent fell Silt growled, an unusual, fierce sound, instinctly coming from him, just as a demon could be heard growling when it's master called. Recognition, pity, vengeance and a want for comeuppance. Vincent had fallen through Andrion's arms, Marcos too, Silt was determined not to be the next victim; he was determined there would not be a next victim. Never. Kynnen had created the perfect opportunity. Turning, Silt looked at the man he would kill, the mage who had once been his trusted companion, who had turned into his most hated enemy. This man would suffer for what he had done.

These thoughts rushed through his head in a mere second, yet they made him certain of what he must do. Running towards the mage, Silt focussed in on his position, so that he could hit him, even without his fireshield. He knew if it was still up it would hurt him, but his wounds weren't too bad at this time, maybe he would survive, hopefully he would survive...he would survive. Resolve strengthening he reactivated his ruins, and sent the commands so that acid would be activated on hit. He hoped this was enough. Spinning his blades round in one quick effiecent arc, Silt struck down on the evil bastard who had ended the lives of many; a look of grimance on his face.

ooc>>Larry, I'm not sure if from what you said in your pm I have jumped the gun slightly (in that I am already ready to hit Andrion), but it's your call. I will edit accordingly if I must.

edited to take sig out.

[ 02-10-2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]
Closed Thread