Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 05:59 PM   #111
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Love storms.. HAHAHAHA! Guess the Storm Queen needs to visit Europe more often! [img]graemlins/stormy.gif[/img]

I'm home from work, exhausted and hungry. Anyone wanna make dinner?
If not, I'm going to prowl the kitchen and see what I can find! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy

Cloudy, that storm was in Texas, which is about as far away from you as Europe. If you had been at my house this morning you would have seen a humdinger, or a "frog-strangler," as we say in Texas.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-20-2002, 09:01 AM   #112
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Wow, the place is dead! (puts on her apron, sweeps, cleans tabletops, fills salt and pepper shakers, removes Jerome from under the table and props him up.}
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-20-2002, 09:11 AM   #113
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Morning Galadria! We had a thunderstorm up here in MO yesterday....weird in Feb!!!

Any chocolate lying about?
Old 02-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #114
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Wooohooooo! Even more snow today! It just keeps on falling! [img]smile.gif[/img]

How's everyone today? I'm feeling bright and cheerful [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2002, 10:49 AM   #115
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Looks like just you an dme, Nebs.

I've already had a soapbox rant (on another list) about homeschooling pagans vs. homeschooling Christians, seen Agility off to school (late, of course), posted to several threads, started on a mound of wash, and am presently wondering if I should go in search of chocolate!

Otherwise, all things bright and cheery . Sun's trying to comeout, should be relatively warm today but next week is supposed to be brrr cold again .
Old 02-20-2002, 10:56 AM   #116
Neb

Homeschooling pagans vs. homeschooling christians? Started as a debate? Or another debate that involved into that one? Sounds like a topic that has great potential for evolving into something hostile.

I might not be able to get to school one of these next few days, starting to approach blizzard-like conditions, snow just keeps on falling and the wind is starting to blow rather hard....

Heh, it's ALWAYS a good idea to go in search of chocolate [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Good to hear things are well [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like the weather we're having at the moment [img]smile.gif[/img] I just love walking in the falling snow [img]smile.gif[/img]

Not to say that I wouldn't mind 30 degrees celsius.... It'd be nice with some warmth around here...

*Checks under the tables to see if anyone else is around but just hiding, then makes a mug of cocoa for Garnet and one for himself.*
Old 02-20-2002, 11:10 AM   #117
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Ach.

I'm going to drown my sorrows in coffee... anyone standing between me and my caffine induced oblivion had better beware.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:10 AM   #118
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

gratefully taking the mug from the very thoughtful Neb

Nah, the hs-ing thing was in response to a recurring discussion going on my list over homeschooling vs. public schooling and all the fracas that surrounds it. For instance, the school here tried to demand that I register Septfox and CloudKitten with them so they could 'monitor' them to be sure I was not neglecting them (Agility attends the school--not my choice, but that's ok). In this state, registering is not required of homeschoolers nor is testing (some states are mandatory for both). I brought out all the laws and facts--and they backed down. Both children are well ahead of their public counterparts in education so there should never be trouble, but at the same time, the school cannot claim them for the funding the government would give over (and it runs into several thousand per child). So the school would be presumably more interested in the $ lost.

And the religion part came in because there is a *huge* homeshooling population in this county--but most are Christian-affiliated. I don't personally know of any other pagan hsers tho I'm sure there must be a few. The Christian hsers are better-tolerated as this is viewed as their 'right' to school their children n their preferred faith rather than in the ungodly public schools. I am looked at with suspicion being a pagan--how can anyone be sure I'm not subjecting my chldren to perverted ritualistic tortures while claiming the right to religious practice?

Takes a large drink of the life-giving chocolate... sheepish grin... Sorry.

Morn' Jerome.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Old 02-20-2002, 05:12 PM   #119
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Hey all, a belated happy birthday to lioness. just coming to laugh, so hee hee Muhahahaha, ahem, done now so will begin on the caffine type liquids.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:15 PM   #120
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Hey all, a belated happy birthday to lioness. just coming to laugh, so hee hee Muhahahaha, ahem, done now so will begin on the caffine type liquids.

All hail the great God of Caffeine.... *Gives Jabidas a mug of coffee*