Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 08:51 AM   #111
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LILYBLACK (In her room, she secrets the vial of poison in a secret pocket, takes out a grey robe with a hood, and then, fully equipped, pulls out a lens. One glance into it and she is in Tarashia, and the weather is suddenly cold. Her sweat rapidly evaporates, and she wraps the cloak tightly around her. She disappears into the shadows.
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #112
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (Waves farewell to Isaura and Galadria, then turns to Eliza and Roxanne, who are approaching.) "Ah, Roxanne, it is good to see you cleaned up and out of those orc-rags." (Notices that she is arm-in-arm with Eliza) "Good to see that you two are taking to each other. Now, let us go back to Tarashia, so we can have one of the Order's physician to look at you, sister. I fear that you have taken more than a few bruises, here."
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 06:07 PM   #113
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

"I don't know if there is that much to spare you. All we have to go on are the words of a man pretending to be a paladin, and the presence of my bird. The latter means the bird couldn't reach Durlan, so he is either dead, well imprisoned, or traveling through a place it can't follow, maybe even another plane. If it is imprisonment, I'd guess the bird would wait outside for him to leave, but I'm no expert on such matters. If he had to leave his domain for any reason, he'd let the council know, unless he'd have to leave in a hurry. But then he'd try to contact later on.
I have sent him several birds over the past weeks, and only this last one returned directly to me. Which means that the troubles are either recent, or someone shot down the other birds. There are so many possibilities it's hard to guess, and I do not wish to assume the worst straight away.
We're still a few days from the forest, so I may as well send this girl on to the council to let the others know what's going on.
As for us, we could either go someplace else and achieve nothing, or go on to the Whitchy Wood. If there are monsters like Castor said, we can scout it out before returning and letting the council arrange an army to cleanse the region. If it's clear, I'd like to take a look at Durlan's cabin.
I don't know what game Castor and Vino are playing, though. I'm not inclinced to trust them, but we know too little to do anything but worry. So I'd rather let it be. They could be on either side, but we'll probably find out when we meet them again."

Despite his words, though, he did worry. It was not just that they knew his name. They had wanted him to know they knew it. Why?
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 06:19 PM   #114
Legolas
Jack Burton

A single horse carrying two riders trots over the mountain road.

"I must have her name, Vino," the front rider says in a voice much like that of Mr. Burns (OOC: the old rich guy from The Simpsons ). "I need it for my work. Without it I'll never get the status I want."
"Then you should've arsked her, like he said," the one called Vino replies.
"Humbug! I was a paladin, remember?"
"That was your choice too, sir."
"Yes. Well. Now what do we do? Those others he spoke of are probably gone already."
"We could track them, I suppose."
"Track. Yes. I like the sound of that. Track them..."

The two ride in silence for a while, until the first rider glances up towards the morning sky.

"Vino, what word rhymes with purple?"
"Ehr, I'd try blueish-red instead sir."
"Really? Not... Reddish blue?"

Soon the road dips downward and they disappear once more from view.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 06:44 PM   #115
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (They all troupe back to Tarashia. Immediately on arrival, he insists that Lady Roxanne be examined by the Order physician, who confirms their worst fears: Roxanne is pregnant, aout twelve weeks along, by one of the orcs. Despite the urgings of her superiors, she determines to have the child, but place it with foster parents, so that none burt they will know its legacy. Divination shows that the child is male.)
Old 08-23-2002, 08:57 AM   #116
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA(When they retire for the night, she slips into Blandamour's bed. After a suitable interval, she pushed the sweaty hair from his brow and says) "My Lord, what is to become of poor Roxanne's child? And, what did that Lich have to do with it? I mean, a lich is dead, or at least Undead, so how could he have a child? And, Roxanne says that she never saw a lich, only orcs, so how can the child be his son? Surely, the son of that orc." (sighs)"I am so puzzled, I cannot make heads or tails of the matter."
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 04:54 PM   #117
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR"I am afraid that I do not know the ins and outs of that kind of vile wizardry, but I have heard legends of lches who cast magic on humans to make their wives bear unnatural offspring, so that might be involved. But, I know who to ask, and we shall journey there, soon."

And, for Verloren:
The elf Illek patintly waits in the bushes. He is watching Princess Verloren, but offers no aggression.

[ 08-25-2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 08-25-2002, 06:57 PM   #118
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>>Thanks Bill [img]smile.gif[/img]
Verloren
The princess comes to conciousness to find a note in her hand. After reading it, her eyes immediatley snap up the bushes where Illek was watching her. She approached cautiously and racked her brain for words
"Ah..'Quel amrun...might I know your name? I need a guide to help me locate Drajlough."
Old 08-25-2002, 07:30 PM   #119
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

She holds her tongue, knowing that voicing her worries will not help matters. Sure, it will give the ranger a fairer opportunity to discover her personality and thoughts. But it will only add to the burden which he has silently been carrying.

Instead, she slips her hand into his.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 07:45 PM   #120
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

A day passes, then another. The two ladies take turns to keep watch and rest, finally reaching their destination. As they approach the former site of the castle, they pause in their tracks, surprised to see on-going construction.

"Please, can you tell us what is going on?" ~ She delays a passer-by in his tracks.

"Haven't you heard? They're rebuilding the castle for the new king."

"What king?" ~ Feeling her face scorching under the sun.

"King Jonathan. The nephew of King Cedric. Would have been bethrothed to the Princess Eliza if she hadn't just disappeared. Last time we heard, she died a most pathetic death."
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote