Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 08:02 PM   #111
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"We, or at least I, for I cannot speak for our mercenary friend here, CARE about you Kaz, we don't want to see you hurt yourself, I've already lost enough of my friends and loved ones, I don't want to lose you too."
Old 11-03-2001, 08:02 PM   #112
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Because I lost someone who was very much like you once. I couldn't let it happen again... I would just blame myself even more, and would take it upon myself to end my misery, much as you just tried to. I wouldn't let you do it, I wasn't going to fail again.
Old 11-03-2001, 08:05 PM   #113
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

"Yet both of you have no idea why I would do this," Kaz said bitterly. "You cannot even begin to imagine what I have gone through. This was my only chance for peace, and you have ruined it."
Old 11-03-2001, 08:12 PM   #114
Neb

"Kaz, YOU are MY only chance for peace, I would never be able to find peace if you died, as I said, too many lost friends, too many, if I lost you too I'd probably lose my mind, become consumed by my revenge, you're my only chance to fill the emptiness inside of me with something besides revenge."
Old 11-03-2001, 08:12 PM   #115
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Peace? You call death PEACE!? I'm sorry, but in the death of my emotions I found no peace, only complete misery. I can't even imagine what it would be like to completely die. And you're wrong, I DO have an idea of what it's like for that to happen. If you want to hear my tale of misery and agony, I will tell it, though you may wish for death even more when I'm through.
Old 11-03-2001, 08:17 PM   #116
Kaz

Kaz looks at Neb in anguish, then stares at Sephi, eyes turning silver in the light. "And in life," she hisses, "I have found torment by a sadistic creature! Not in body, yet in mind!" She holds her right hand to her cheek, the burn in the shape of a screaming mask is plainly visible, the eye-holes swallow all light... evil seems to radiate from them, and Kaz quickly snatches her hand back in pain.
Old 11-03-2001, 08:26 PM   #117
Neb

"Kaz," says Neb quietly, "I too know the torment of the mind that can be inflicted by sadistic creatures, I know not your story, nor how it is compared to mine, but for me my life has for the last five years consisted of being hunted, I left the assasins to pursue the magical arts, but they came for me, first my family, they killed my parents, my sisters, not my brother though, they turned HIM against me, then, they killed my friends, they killed the woman I loved," tears begin to fill Neb's eyes, "They came in my dreams as well, I do not sleep without being hunted, without seeing the death of my friends, my family, those I love, I am injured in mind, body and soul, I know nothing but revenge, but YOU, YOU can heal my mind and my soul, I shall abandon my revenge for you....."
Old 11-03-2001, 08:36 PM   #118
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Kaz, in life I have found torment within my mind as well, caused by a sadistic creature too. I don't know if my tale can even come close to comparing with yours, but I'll tell it anyways. He made himself as comfortable as he could. When I was but a young lad, my parents took a vacation to the city of Waterdeep. Apparantly someone took offense to this, and sent a group of assassins in the night to kill them. I watched as they were cut down, leaving me behind to deal with this myself. Then later on, I was engaged to be wed to another young elf named Jaclyn. She was a very beautiful mage, but on the eve before the ceremony was to take place a horrible turn of events happened. I had become an accomplished mercenary in my time with her, we were a grand team. Apparantly someone took us as a threat, and sent their best me to take care of both of us. They were Drow, and they hit while we were on our way home. I fought with my life: She fought and gave her life. I failed her and my family, they were all killed while I watched and allowed to continue on. I then was unable to deal with it, and now each night I hear their screams, I relive the battles that took them, I see the smug grins on their ugly Drow faces as they slaughter Jaclyn, I see the grim expressions on the assassins as they massacre my family! I can't escape them, there is no way! I had hoped that you could give me a way to redeem myself for my failures, however whether or not that is true is yet to be seen... Sephi turned away then, not wanting anybody to see the merceny do something that he never did and hadn't done in a long time: cry.
Old 11-03-2001, 08:48 PM   #119
Kaz

Kaz looks at both Neb and Sephi. "You have both suffered great anguish and loss... in some respects, more than mine, in others, far, far less. For while you lost your loved ones, I lost myself...
Let me tell you my story. I was the daughter of two moon elves, my father was an accomplished warrior and my mother a mage. They were both fighters against the drow, we lived near the battleground, yet the fight never came inside these walls... until...
One day, the Drow started an onslaught. The defenses were overrun, they soon came here. They found all of us here, so they decided to have some 'fun'." Kaz's voice reflects her disgust for the Drows' fun. "They summoned a... a demon, using an artifact, it... kidnapped my family. It took my father and mother into its home plane. I was young, yet I managed to escape. I came to Athkatla, where I lived as a street orphan in the docks, stealing to survive. I learned enough to live, barely.
Yet, one day, I overheard a conversation that would become my downfall. I heard two Drow spies talking. Apparantly they had a stronghold here in the city, and the... mask, the artifact, was there too.
I decided I would try to get my parents back. They had only been kidnapped, it was not certain they were dead. I sneaked into the compound and stole the mask, it was too easy... I just ran into some trouble on the way out, but the Drow could not leave for fear of being detected.
In the shack that was my home, I tried to use the artifact. How I wish I had never seen it!" Sheer fury and hate speak from her voice. Drained, she continues. "It worked, yet it did not summon my parents, it summoned... the demon. It showed me how it had murdered my parents, then it cast... something... at me. A spell, I guess. And the world shattered." There is a lump in her throat, she cannot continue. The memories... too recent... shattered, nonsense, hurting deeply, drawing blood, vivid yet scrambled,...
Old 11-03-2001, 09:00 PM   #120
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

He sniffled a little, and blinked back a tear as he turned around. Ah, so you had a problem with the Drow as well. Please, continue, I am very intrigued by your past...