Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 06:33 PM   #101
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Exellent post Jabibas, especially since you included my name of course
Old 10-10-2001, 10:07 PM   #102
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

K. I think I am the oldest here. I was born in 1937 and am now 64 (to save you working it out!) I grew up during WW2 and I know what it is like to have bombs dropping nearby, and hear enemy aircraft overhead while the local gun barrage fired at 'em. I lived on the edge of the city, not far from an airport, and there were fields behind our house that grew crops of either wheat or potatoes (depending on time of year and crop rotation). We used to pick mushrooms in them thar fields!
I was a little bespectacled fat girl and i used to get bullied a lot - but if I found kids tormenting animals or insects I would get so mad I just went for them in a screaming rage and they'd all run away, no matter how big they were!
I could read before I started school, and have never stopped. I prefered fairy tales and myths and legends and odd bits of information that no-one else knew.
I moved on to American pulp sci-fi magazines and books when I was nine, along with 'classics' of English literature. I left school at age 18, but didn't go to university till I was 56! Then I took English Language & Literature. I got a 2/2 which isn't bad considering I spent most of my study time playing computer games and always wrote essays at the last possible minute!
I was married for about 17 years to a violent and abusive man, and had three children. I was a Jehovah's Witness for 25 years, though I was brought up Catholic and became atheist at age 15. I am now atheist again, but have a very good knowledge of the bible!
I write, do editing (for free ), do cross-stitch, read, play rpg's, listen to radio, act, am treasurer to the theatre company even though rubbish at arithmetic, enjoy debating - but only about things I know about (if I don't know about it I tend to make sweeping generalisations expressing ill-thought out opinions! )
I live on my own (Hurrah!) except for my ill-natured cat Ozymandias (Ozzi). I am very lazy. I am 5'1, fat, bespectacled, have dark brown independent hair, now greying, and since my 40's my front top teeth started to migrate forwards, so that they are now doing their utmost to make me look like a rabbit!

Others:

Diogenes needs big ((((HUGS)))). He is going on holiday soon, and I think he needs it.
Yorick is probably the most handsome man I have seen (Stealthy's site - wow!) but he is even more argumentative than I am!
Zbyszek is Polish and VERY helpful.
Kaz and Lioness seem to like the same authors I do.
Jabidas is my favourite candidate for 'Maniac of the Year'
Absynthe is funny and, by his own admission, corrupt!

There! Will that do, Cloudy? I have missed out LOTS of people I'd like to include but I've already gone over the limit of 2!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:35 AM   #103
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Yorick is probably the most handsome man I have seen (Stealthy's site - wow!) but he is even more argumentative than I am!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-11-2001, 02:05 AM   #104
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

WONDERFUL! KEEP COMING and posting everyone!

I'll post more tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, it's late and I'm up past my bedtime. I may turn into a pumpkin... *giggle* oops, DIO, can I live in Pumpkin Town then?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-11-2001, 02:06 AM   #105
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well... i am Bahamut, I live here in the Philippines, I play baseball, basketball, love tennis and Hockey, Games too! Umm, I go with pretty much anything that piques my interest... that's about it...

I know that Cloudy is a mod at MH, Jerome's a poet... shame on me I know this only...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:44 AM   #106
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
WONDERFUL! KEEP COMING and posting everyone!

I'll post more tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, it's late and I'm up past my bedtime. I may turn into a pumpkin... *giggle* oops, DIO, can I live in Pumpkin Town then?

Cloudy

Cloudy! LOVE your new addition to your sig!

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 07:09 AM   #107
Argus
The Magister

Hi y'all!

Long time "Lurker" first time "poster".

I was originally drawn to IW to get help with some of the technical problems I was having on BGII and slowly got entranced by the "world" of the general conversations forum...

A little bit about myself: I'm 30 years old, and have lived in Russia for the last 4 years. Came over here on a job transfer and decided to stay for longer than the original 6 months I had planned. Originally I hail from Upstate New York, but lived in Mexico, Tennessee, and New York City and went to school in Philadelpia.

I love PnP RPGs, reading books (especially sci-fi) and Ive always been fascinated by music of all genres.

Since you can only do it once per message board, I'd like to give a special "first post" dedication to Cloudy who always seems to bring out the best in everyone on this board and makes all feel welcome to a dynamic and (contrary to rumors of the opposite effect) thriving community.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:35 AM   #108
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
CIDER!!!! Bleugh!
Please tell me he likes proper scrumpy with lumps in it and not bloody Strongbow...

It was Dry Blackthorn that Yorick was drinking. We are a bit more refined in Enfield - the lumps are removed by straining it through a pair of the landlord's old socks.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-11-2001, 07:49 AM   #109
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Argus:
Hi y'all!

Long time "Lurker" first time "poster".

I was originally drawn to IW to get help with some of the technical problems I was having on BGII and slowly got entranced by the "world" of the general conversations forum...

A little bit about myself: I'm 30 years old, and have lived in Russia for the last 4 years. Came over here on a job transfer and decided to stay for longer than the original 6 months I had planned. Originally I hail from Upstate New York, but lived in Mexico, Tennessee, and New York City and went to school in Philadelpia.

I love PnP RPGs, reading books (especially sci-fi) and Ive always been fascinated by music of all genres.

Since you can only do it once per message board, I'd like to give a special "first post" dedication to Cloudy who always seems to bring out the best in everyone on this board and makes all feel welcome to a dynamic and (contrary to rumors of the opposite effect) thriving community.

WELCOME ARGUS!!

Nice to meet you! Stop lurking and keep posting!

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 07:53 AM   #110
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

It was Dry Blackthorn that Yorick was drinking.

That's not scrumpy!!! Good grief!
It is a bit better than Strongbow though.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."