Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2001, 05:42 PM   #101
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

The doctor was his mother,and the man in the bar had the hiccups. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 12-01-2001, 07:07 PM   #102
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Well done on both counts. Christ, the whole doctor problem is so obvious when you look at it that way.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-01-2001, 07:09 PM   #103
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ill take a guess at the man escaping (iv heard osmething similar before)
He breaks the chair in 2 halves with his hand, now 2 halves make a whole. He jumps down the hole and yells until his voice goes hoarse, jumps on the horse and rides away!
Old 12-01-2001, 07:12 PM   #104
Legolas
Jack Burton

Okay, so we've done all the riddles so far? Nothing left? Time for a new one then...

I'll look one up

*grumble* *muter* hiccups.. *mutter*
Actually, I can't mutter as I'm suffering from the after-effects of a Monty Python movie. Ah well...
Old 12-01-2001, 07:37 PM   #105
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

You are in a land where there are two tribes of people...

(you think you've heard it huh? Well its not the normal one ok)

One tribe always tells the truth and the other one always lies. You meet three people and ask them:

"How many of you are from the tribe that always lie?"

There answers are:

"All of us are.".
"No, only two of us are.".
"Thats not true either.".

How many of them are from the tribe that always lie?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-01-2001, 07:45 PM   #106
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
There answers are:

"All of us are.".
"No, only two of us are.".
"Thats not true either.".

How many of them are from the tribe that always lie?

The first one has to be lying. If he speaks the truth, he contradicts himself.

The second one could be right, as both others would be lying. This is a valid answer.

If the last one is telling the truth, he claims two are lying, one of them the man who said two were lying who would be speaking the truth.

So, there are two who lie.
Old 12-01-2001, 08:07 PM   #107
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Applause for Legolas I feel. Nice one mate!

OK, heres a probability one for you. You are playing a game show and the host asks you to pick your prize. There are three doors you can pick and one of them has a prize behind it. The other two have chickens (which, I admit, would be a prize to some people but not to most).

He asks you to guess so you pick one. He then opens one of the other doors to reveal a chicken.

He asks you if you are still sure.

On the basis of pure probability should you stick or change?
Old 12-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #108
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Applause for Legolas I feel. Nice one mate!

OK, heres a probability one for you. You are playing a game show and the host asks you to pick your prize. There are three doors you can pick and one of them has a prize behind it. The other two have chickens (which, I admit, would be a prize to some people but not to most).

He asks you to guess so you pick one. He then opens one of the other doors to reveal a chicken.

He asks you if you are still sure.

On the basis of pure probability should you stick or change?

There's one I know.
What they want you to think is that yourfirst choice had a 33% probability to be right, and your second a 50% probability.

Of course, that's complete nonsense as your first choice is discarded by the host because he changes the situation completely and lets you chose again. So it does not matter what your first answer was, it is the second choosing that counts. And that one's 50/50.

Here's a what am I riddle

I am a wonderful help to women,
The hope of something to come. I harm
No citizen except my slayer.
Rooted I stand on a high bed.
I am shaggy below. Sometimes the beautiful
Peasant's daughter, an eager-armed,
Proud woman grabs my body,
Rushes my red skin, holds me hard,
Claims my head. The curly-haired
Woman who catches me fast will feel
Our meeting. Her eye will be wet.
Old 12-01-2001, 08:23 PM   #109
Legolas
Jack Burton

And another one here:

Power and treasure for a prince to hold,
Hard and steep-cheeked, wrapped in red
Gold and garnet, ripped from a plain
Of bright flowers, wrought - a remnant
Of fire and file, bound in stark beauty
With delicate wire, my grip makes
Warriors weep, my sting threatens
The hand that grasps gold. Studded
With a ring, I ravage heir and heirloom.
To my lord and foes always lovely
And deadly, altering face and form.

Not too hard, I should think
Old 12-02-2001, 04:14 AM   #110
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, Legolas, that Game-Show question was famous probability puzzler for a while.....statistically, your chances of winning the prize are about 66% if you DON'T change from your original guess. It sounds bizarre (because it IS bizarre!), but it's really true. (Just remember that the game-show host KNEW which room held the prize, and all game shows like to keep their money, thank you.)

I am, however, still KICKING myself over the Spies with Hats question. DOH! I was on the right track, just didn't make that one last leap. Arrrrrgh.

As for those "What am I" riddles, the first one sounds like a penis and the second one sounds like a sword. Freudians, eat your collective hearts out.

For those that seek a somewhat more conventional puzzler, try this one: Name two wind instruments that are not powered by human lungs. There are at least 3....the winner is the first person to name 2 of them.