Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 08:13 AM   #101
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
No! Definitely Berkshire!
Ooh! Naughty Pastry!
Old 01-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #102
Grungi
Banned User

sorry i got riled, but its out of order to attack me like that for no reason and out of order for him to blatantly break the rules and spam, and yeah i do consider him trolling too because of the way he posted, deliberately splitting 3 responses to my 3 points, so why isnt a moderator taking him to task about it? Im certainly not trolling, its a fair point, if he thinks cockney is all about inflection then hes an idiot IMO, if he doesnt then hes not.

no leo its not comically inclined in the slightest in that response id assume that was blatantly obvious, im annoyed because im being attacked, and instead of people commenting on the fact that he has attacked me personally instead of sensibly critising my replies in a mature way, your all jumping on my reply when im the one thats annoyed. If your not going to comment on his aggresion in the first place then please dont jump on my response when i get annoyed at it because thats highly biased.

he is blatantly breaking a number of rules of this forum in full view, and not one person is commenting on it.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:28 AM   #103
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

OK cool down grungi...

I here what you're saying... he maybe shouldn't have posted three replies... but its hardly something to get worked up over... and he was a bit insulting... but he may have been trying to be funny... and failing...

But you were being insulting right back... takes two to fight...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 01-23-2003, 08:31 AM   #104
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
he is blatantly breaking a number of rules of this forum in full view, and not one person is commenting on it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
Could I consider one of you trolling and use this? {edit troll pic}

Cos I DO so want to...

But seriously... Yorick, u are being slightly offensive, and Grungi cool down...
And that's a second flame from you Grungi - calling someone an idiot is quite different from saying they are saying something idiotic...

Sorry for using sarcasm on you with my comically inclined comment though. I forgot about your issues with it. I shall attempt to be blunt in the future.

{Edit to add original context quote.}

[ 01-23-2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 01-23-2003, 08:34 AM   #105
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Im certainly not trolling, its a fair point, if he thinks cockney is all about inflection then hes an idiot IMO, if he doesnt then hes not.

That's twice you've called him an idiot. I've met him twice and I can assure you he isn't an idiot. Perhaps it would be best if you stopped calling him one.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-23-2003, 08:39 AM   #106
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Mmmm! I can't decide. Jodrell or J Arthur?
Hampton or Hackney ?[/QUOTE]No! Definitely Berkshire![/QUOTE]I dared not tread. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #107
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And I thought the "snowflake thread" was bad, wow.

[ 01-23-2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 01-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #108
Grungi
Banned User

i dont know if your not reading properly im not calling him an idiot, im ASKING IF he is saying that cockney is only about inflection then he is an idiot, is he saying that? he hasnt yet, but if he does then hes an idiot, till he does hes not an idiot

so when have i once said hes an idiot? i havent , so im not flaming. Its all a matter of how the question is answered. So can i state again i do NOT think he is an idiot, i DO think its idiotic to say cockney is all about inflection when it contains rhyming slang as a large part of it which is words and not inflection.

so would you like to reconsider your posts?

and leonis stick to pm'ing me eh instead of sarcastic comments on here? My signature was designed for the other discussion boards where i dont post serious comments. Im not changing it for the times i do post on general, which used to be infrequent.

oh and callum, im trying but i respond when attacked, its a failing of mine, anyhows im letting the moderators handle this one from now on, i havent trolled nor have i flamed, i have responded to critisms levelled at me and i dont believe i have broken any rules. Anyhows thanks for being the only one who is actually looking at the thread objectively, if only more people could show that kind of maturity (including myself)

[ 01-23-2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Grungi ]
Old 01-23-2003, 08:52 AM   #109
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
i dont know if your not reading properly im not calling him an idiot, im ASKING IF he is saying that cockney is only about inflection then he is an idiot, is he saying that? he hasnt yet, but if he does then hes an idiot, till he does hes not an idiot

Well that's exactly what he is saying so by your own admission you are calling him an idiot. Don't try to be too clever with words.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-23-2003, 08:54 AM   #110
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

In your opinion, u may not have flamed... in other's, including the moderators, you may be considered a troll... Yorrick is being smart and shutting up... you are continuing to argue... let's just all shut up and discuss accents again... so that NONE of us gets busted...

[ 01-23-2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Callum Kerr ]
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!