Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 06:24 AM   #91
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
16 yellow cards and 4 red cards LOL

6 minutes was a bit generous for added time. I know it's a bit harsh, and that ref was card happy, but I'm glad Deco and Costinha aren't playing in the quarters, which is a bit of a boost for England.
You think 6 minutes was bit generous ? Are you kidding ? If you look back at the second half, you'll see that of the 45 minutes of actual playtime, the Portugese have been rolling on the ground, acting like little bitches, so only 6 minutes of extra time isn't even fair, we got robbed of somewhat 15 minutes of playtime.

On the other hand, i more or less expected this to happen, we have a very bad record against Portugal. It's not that they are better than us, because they really aren't, but they are smarter and more effective with the chances they get. That, plus a few incredible coaching mistakes from v. Basten ensured we never had a chance. Kuyt for v. Nistelrooy ? Gimme a friggin break. And why he waited until 8 minutes before the end to put in an extra attacker is also beyond me. For the rest there's not much logical to say about a match with 16 yellow and 4 red cards, a disgrace for football.

There's only one thing i'd like to add, i hope i meet Figo one day, so i can really give him a reason to hold a spunge to his head.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:44 AM   #92
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just saw the second half and i shall henceforward be referring to Figo as Fifi for his feminine display not 5 minutes after his tough-guy head butt routine. What a joke.

Judging by second half performance alone, Portugal most certainly did not deserve to win that match. I didn't see the first goal, but it would appear the strategy was to score once and then circus their way to full time. I don't know how they expect to compete in the next game now that the strategy appears to have worked. I'm awfully disappointed that none of the many Dutch attempts at goal made it through. There was no poetic justice to be had.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #93
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Ack I think I used the wrong words johnny. I meant generous as in "it should have been a lot more" >_<
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #94
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I can't believe how awful the referees are this tournament, it's almost like there is a prize to win for being the biggest f**k up, or should i say the most corrupt one ?

Australia got robbed, plain and simple.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #95
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sometimes you are the bug

Sometimes you are the windscreen.

Time to go and get out the "good ice cream" to help with the pain.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #96
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Oh - and the "B-52" topping - Baileys, Kahlua, and Grand Marnier.

[ 06-26-2006, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 06-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #97
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I'll say it again, Italy prbably isn't the only country with fraud! > This is rediculous!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #98
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I feel for you guys. Although the Italians had one man sent off, for most of the match you looked the better team. Lots of possession, they just sat back.

A shame to see you go out, especially a penalty in the 94th min. Sucks
Old 06-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #99
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Very controversial decision that penalty - seemed fairly soft to me, being a slight impedement to the player or whatever. Lucas Neill tried to pull away made it quite clear with his body language that it wasn't intentional. It just seemed like the player fell over him really.

Italy defended gallantly and posed a couple of threats om the counter, especially when Totti came on the field. But the fact that we couldn't really seem to get that final lethal pass into the box,
is the ultimate unfortunate shame - having the extra man into extra time might have made all the difference.

Ahh well, its as sad as a latin tragedy, but a good campaign from the Socceroos nonetheless. They imposed their will upon one of the giants of world football and performed admirably.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:10 PM   #100
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Wow, terribly disappointed, though still really proud of the boys. Especially sad for poor Lucas Neill, who has been such a superstar all tournament. Although I have to say, if we'd been able to score before then it would have been a non-issue. So much possession and yet still I think Italy had more scoring shots than we did. I also wonder why Guus didn't make more substitutions, like Kennedy who has been in the thick of it in the past matches? Have to wonder whether some fresh legs up front would have made some difference given that Italy was defending so hard.