Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2002, 10:35 AM   #91
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
So youre saying that if Quebec was to secede from Canada it would be ok for the Capital in Ottowa to order Mustard gas be used on the civilians in Montreal and Quebec city?
You say it like its a bad thing !?!?!? After having been to Quebec and gotten all of the attitude of France but none of the tourist attractions or Food , why wouldnt you want to gass them?? The people are even more rude than Americans!! And thats pretty rude. Also , from what I understand Quebec wants to make its own country and most Canadians has advised them to not thet the door hit them on the way out, it is only the law makers that want to keep their snooty citizens.[/QUOTE]Well I wouldn't gas people just because they're rude and snooty, and you can only say that about the peiople from Quebec you've encountered, the rest of the population there could be the complete opposite.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:37 AM   #92
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
You say it like its a bad thing !?!?!? After having been to Quebec and gotten all of the attitude of France but none of the tourist attractions or Food , why wouldnt you want to gass them?? The people are even more rude than Americans!! And thats pretty rude. Also , from what I understand Quebec wants to make its own country and most Canadians has advised them to not thet the door hit them on the way out, it is only the law makers that want to keep their snooty citizens.[/QB]
That’s just nasty,
Canada is a far nicer place than America,
I’ll be spending about 10 months there soon hopefully so I can get a feel of what it's like to live there for a long period,
And then maybe in teh future,
I can immigrate there or something similar if I have da sort of l33t skillz they want.

word.

[ 07-07-2002, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 07-07-2002, 10:40 AM   #93
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

um , guys my previous post about canada was just a bit of sarcasm!!
Old 07-07-2002, 10:48 AM   #94
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

PMSL@HUNTER..... Good point I have been to MOntreal and Quebec City. They DO think theyre French. They arent. They just SPEAK French.
Know how to embarrass a Canadian Frenchie??? Ask him if you can help him fix his car. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

True Story. My dad pulled in for gas at a station in Quebec City and there was this guy with his hood up and my dad asked him what was wrong. At first the guy looked (and his girlfriend even more so) offended. Then he realised that WE were the only people around to help him [img]smile.gif[/img] His girlfriend got all hot under the collar because my dad whipped out some tools and started working on the car. 20 minutes later my dad was finished and I (was taking French in school at the time so I knew a little bit) heard her saying over and over "How COULD you. They are AMERICANS!!!" Snooty attitude if I ever heard one.

She was disgusted but the guy shut her up and said "We have a 3 hour drive home. Would you rather push while I steer?"

As we were driving away my dad didnt understand why I was laughing so hard so he asked. I told him. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Theres another example of Americans helping those in need and not being appreciated.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:00 AM   #95
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
[/QB]
I’ll be spending about 10 months there soon hopefully so I can get a feel of what it's like to live there for a long period,
And then maybe in teh future,
I can immigrate there or something similar if I have da sort of l33t skillz they want.

word.
[/QUOTE]

Wanna know what Canada is like??? COLD. I hope you like snow, and lots of it. Lots of snow, lots of cold and lots of FISH. If you like to go fishing youll be in Pike heaven

I love Canada. Dont get me wrong. Quebec is quite a bit different than the rest of Canada. When you get there youll see it with your own eyes.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:05 AM   #96
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
I dont think that America SHOULD attack Irak... if they do, what will Irak do? either a) use weapons of mass destruction, or b) call a 'holy' war on America; since Irak is an Islamic country, or c) both...

I dont think America has ANY right to attack Irak based on a whim. or on Paranoia. No one asked America to... yes well, sorry, I should calm down a bit. All Im saying is another war would be pointless. I dont think that Irak would stand for another attack *this* time. I am not defending Irak in any way shape or form. In fact I think the world would be better off without countries like that... but, NOONE has the right to say who lives or dies. OR has the right to impose THEIR laws on others. thats my view at least. I appologise if I have given any offence to anyone, it is/was unitentional, I assure you.
America and Nato have EVERY right to do so, let me put it this way, if MY name was George W Bush, Irak wouldn't even be on the map today, what's taking him so long ? And they probably would try to use gasses but Nato and US forces are prepared for that. And about a "holy war", what does that mean anyway ? A lot of shooting in the air and burning flags ? The only thing they will do is run and hide, just like last time !
Old 07-07-2002, 11:41 AM   #97
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
What do you mean by that? 133t Dramnek_Ulk

[ 07-07-2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-07-2002, 11:44 AM   #98
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Wanna know what Canada is like??? COLD. I hope you like snow, and lots of it. Lots of snow, lots of cold and lots of FISH. If you like to go fishing youll be in Pike heaven

I love Canada. Dont get me wrong. Quebec is quite a bit different than the rest of Canada. When you get there youll see it with your own eyes.[/QB]
yo! me's already been for a quick hol to de place before.
And dis homeboy is Likein da cold, me like de snow, Me do da fishing and the Rain is da shizit.

Word

Old 07-07-2002, 11:49 AM   #99
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Old 07-07-2002, 11:52 AM   #100
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:

I love Canada. Dont get me wrong. Quebec is quite a bit different than the rest of Canada. When you get there youll see it with your own eyes.
yo! me's already been for a quick hol to de place before.
And dis homeboy is Likein da cold, me like de snow, Me do da fishing and the Rain is da shizit.

Word[/QB][/QUOTE]If you keep talking like that, maybe you should move to da windy city instead. Chicago, home of da Bulls !