Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 01:38 PM   #91
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Each step that she takes along the streets increases the weight of her burden. The crowds clear a path for her as she approaches them, her face a deathly hue. ~ "Mommy, why's that birdie in her arms? Why's she so pale?" ~ The bright inquisitive voice is immediately hushed by her alarmed parent. But it is too late; Mistral has heard her...

Yes, why is Isabeau in my arms...through my neglect and Larry's recklessness, of course... this is Luthor's punishment to me for not giving her up when the time was right... he would have treated her better than I did... ~ Her eyes can tear no more; they blink uncontrollably and she stoops down before the little girl.

"This is Isabeau... she was my darling... was..." ~ she repeats softly, gazing with love at the hawk ~ "We had the most wonderful times, despite our short acquaintance..." ~ Abruptly, she stops and gets up, ignoring everyone else again.

As she continues towards her destination, the clear voice rings in the air...~"Are you sure she's dead?...She still looks alive...well, just a little..." ~

(ooc: Okay, will be back in 5-6 hours' time, as I said in my earlier post.)
Old 10-31-2001, 02:11 PM   #92
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

After about twenty minutes of laying there, the man that had been burned was healed nearly completely by his Ioun Stone. He got up, much to the amazement of the crowd gathered around him, and took Nightblade from her hovering position in the air to sheath her once again.
The on-lookers cheered and applauded. They had a new hero in town! The mother of the young girl came up to him and bowed at his feet and began crying her thanks. The little girl was there, too...up on the shoulders of her weeping uncle. Larry waved at the crowd and turned to walk away. He had to find out about those three robed men. They seemed to know something about today's activities. Yet...where should he look?
Suddenly, a tug was felt at is side. He looked around to see the little girl again, more tears streaming down a half-washed face. Not saying anything, she was holding out an object for Larry to take. It was the fire resistance ring. Smiling at the little girl, he asked her..."What is your name, little one?" "Jessica Starfire" she replied.
"Well Miss Jessica, I would like for you to keep that ring. It will help you remember me when I am gone. Will you keep it for me?""Yes Sir! Thanks!" the little girl merrily said.
With that done, Larry turned back onto his path to finding answers to today's events.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:16 PM   #93
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz looked outside. Larry had appeared, he seemed to be injured but recovering, thanks to an ioun stone. Then she gasped. Three hooded silhouettes were visible against the fire. Kaz touched Neb's arm. "Look! They look like mages to me... shall we see what they are up to?" Without waiting for an answer she left.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 02:22 PM   #94
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb followed Kaz towards the fire, his familiar amplifying his senses greatly, allowing him to see that the mages had summoned creatures to aid them, not seeing any battle happening or anything threatening near the mages he assumed that they expected to be attacked and if they expected to be attacked, they probably had a good reason to do so.

Neb stopped for a few seconds to cast an Evard's Black Tentacles spell at the mages, as the spell hit the mages black tentacles erupted from the floor, walls and any other large surfaces still left in the burning inn, the tentacles proceeded to wrap themselves around the summoned creatures, pulling them to the ground, and slowly crushing them, the mages managed to quickly clear away the tentacles that tried to grasp them, but their summoned allies were destroyed.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:28 PM   #95
Kaz

Kaz, seeing that the mages had used a Stoneskin spell, quickly cast a Pierce Magic spell on the red-robed one, which lowered its magic resistance by 14% as well as removing the Stoneskin. Then she hurled a magic missiles spell at him, making his spell fail.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:32 PM   #96
Neb

The white and black robed mages were still recovering from the Black Tentacles spell when Kaz removed the red-robed one's Stoneskin spell and used a Magic Missile spell to interrupt him when he tried to cast a new one, Neb cast a Wyvern Call spell that summoned a wyvern above the burning inn, the roof and ceiling had collapsed and the wyvern was able to get a clear view of the
red-robed mage, Neb ordered it to attack him and while Neb ran nearer the still smoldering ruins of the inn, the wyvern shrieked and dove towards the spellcaster.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:40 PM   #97
Kaz

TThe wyvern shrieked and dove towards the red-robed mage, tearing a gash in his arm. The white-robed mage hissed something in disgust and began intoning the words of another spell, one that Kaz did not recognize until the wyvern fell apart in a cloud of dust. The black-robed mage shouted something in an alien tongue and cast a Lightning Bolt at Kaz. She yelped as it hit her and her Contingency was activated, casting a Stoneskin on her. Screwing her face up against the pain, Kaz cast a Fireball into the center of the group.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:46 PM   #98
Neb

While the mages were busy casting their spells at Kaz, Neb cast an Improved Invisibility spell and managed to get behind the white-robed mage, but unfortunately, the white-robed one must have had superhuman hearing since he dodged Neb's backstab with a dagger and merely recieved a slight cut to the side instead of having his liver impaled upon Neb's dagger.

The white-robed mage dodged left and cast a Lightning Bolt spell at Neb, the power of the spell knocked Neb off his feet and sent him flying, Neb hit one of the still standing walls of the inn and quickly scrambled to his feet and cast a Stoneskin spell.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:55 PM   #99
Kaz

The fireball exploded in the midst of the group, yet none of them seemed to be hurt. To make matters worse, the red-robed mage cast a Disintegrate on her. It did not work, fortunately, but the black-robed one cast a Dispel Magic on her, making her Stoneskins disappear and leaving her wide open for the Magic Missiles heading towards her... I am not sure if I will survive this. I am already weakened. Seeing herself injured and being attacked from all sides, Kaz used the only option she had left - her innate ability teleport. She felt herself disappear and reappeared in an alley a distance away. She felt the darkness coursing through her head, all-consuming... she knew what would come. "Run, Neb! RUN!" she shouted, trying to take the advice herself, but her knees were too weak.

OOC: NOW comes the fun part.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 03:07 PM   #100
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

wow! Kaz and Neb...good fighting scenes!

Just remember that a dragon cannot be hurt by an attack of his own personal specialty (red cannot be hurt by any fire, Blue cannot be hurt by any Lightning, and green cannot be hurt by any poisonous gas.)
You two are doing a great job! I only wish that Mistral could run them against you two...she would do a better job than me.
Right now, I cannot post...I have too many things to do at work. Keep on having fun without me, though.
Another thing...these guys may be wanting to keep low profile, so if there are any on-lookers around, they may abandon the attack to not draw attention. They do not want people knowing that they have dragons in their city.