Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 09:08 AM   #91
Stealthy

The Ramon triplets have done it again! I appear to teach them a lesson in swordplay and they vanish! You could at least post in turns, there are 3 of you after all!

Quote:
Ex-Bomber, this goes to show how little you have even begun to understand the ways of true noblemen: War is a mess we leave to mercenaries and peasant soldiers, so that we can concern us with pursuits much more suitable for us.
A duel over a lady is an age-old ritual governed by rules well beyond your grasp: it is not at all about winning but about living up to the highest standards of class and style even in the face of death. It is about grace, elegance, maintaing your posture and composure. Anyone can slain an opponent,
but fighting like a true nobleman is an art, is like dancing the ballet of death.
A Scottish Laird knows that you lead from the front, as William Wallace showed the English, who gave their orders to the peasants and mercenaries from a safe distance and thereby lost. Respect is won through example, not by hiding at the back. Prehaps there is a pattern here, you run away and hide when I challenge you and hide at the back in battles? Rather than be named Ramon de Ramon y Ramon, why not Runon de Runon y Runaway?

Quote:
And I rest assured that LadyWendy knows true class when she sees it.
I agree, read her comments about my photo in the Pic thread I see you have failed to show yours, scared perhaps, or will she see you for the fat, bloated, lazy, decadent fool you are?

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!

[This message has been edited by Stealthy (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 09:45 AM   #92
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ramon - Since I'm snowed in today and going for Drow Warrior, perhaps I'll try to start the thread. You're right, spam is spam no matter what the subject! Boy you are such a charmer! A lady could get spoiled!

STEALTH - Does this mean you haven't abandoned me after all? mmmm? Such an abrupt early departure last night! Not even a goodbye! I was reduced to nonsense spamming! I spammed so long I can't even remember what all I said!

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 11:00 AM   #93
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthy:
The Ramon triplets have done it again! I appear to teach them a lesson in swordplay and they vanish! You could at least post in turns, there are 3 of you after all!
Well, who never dares to show up when I am here ?

Quote:
A Scottish Laird knows that you lead from the front, as William Wallace showed the English, who gave their orders to the peasants and mercenaries from a safe distance and thereby lost. Respect is won through example, not by hiding at the back. Prehaps there is a pattern here, you run away and hide when I challenge you and hide at the back in battles? Rather than be named Ramon de Ramon y Ramon, why not Runon de Runon y Runaway?
First of all, in the end how much good did all the bravehearting by your fellow claymore-swinging peasants like Rob Roy or William Wallace do you: civilization prevailed over barbarism, sophistication over brute strength, the knee breeches over the kilts !

Secondly, you just don't get it: courting a lady and the refined ritual of noblemen duelling over her and in order to win her heart by putting on a show of class, bravery and style in the process is not at all related to warfare. Once again, the former is an art, an established part of noble culture, the latter a mere necessity and no true gentleman would ever revel so much in it as you do. Just another sign that you completely lack the class to be ever considered worthy of courting a most noble woman like LadyWendy.

Quote:
I agree, read her comments about my photo in the Pic thread I see you have failed to show yours, scared perhaps, or will she see you for the fat, bloated, lazy, decadent fool you are?

On which representation of you did she comment ? The one in your signature or the one on your site ?

It does not really matter: your lowly descent does not allow you to understand the ways of true nobility. A woman of the class, refinement, education of LadyWendy, who on top of that is also the very embodiment of friendliness and compassion, will always have nothing but kind and polite words even for the most
insignificant hound licking her heels. Anything else would just be beneath her.

Who are you to question my looks. Your are wearing a silly skirt to draw the attention away from your face, for god's sake !

------------------
So long !

Old 03-05-2001, 11:14 AM   #94
Ladyzekke

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 01:40 PM   #95
Ladyzekke

BUMP before it falls!

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 01:47 PM   #96
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Picts and nobles.....sigh why does she go for such lutish burtes fight fight fight.....This fine lady need a man learned in the ways of love not war.

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 01:48 PM   #97
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
All the snow from yesterday melted here. There´s still the 'serious' snow from ages ago, but not the light fresh fluffy stuff.
Yorick, there is so much fresh white fluffy stuff here! And the most wonderful amazing sight! My little Hawthorn tree out back is PLASTERED from top to bottom of it's young self with ROBINS! I tried counting, but after thirty I gave up. They are flying all around the tree and my fence and oh,its the most beautiful sight! Red-breasted robins against all that white. Glorious! (giggling gleefully) And there's not a berry left on that tree after just a few minutes! I can't wait til the tree is bigger! Planned to add another for the cardinals (if anyone out there has never seen a male north american cardinal...they are supberbly RED.) but I haven't had time/money. And now I'm worrying about space! I love the trees too much!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-05-2001, 01:49 PM   #98
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OH DEAR. It seems my little question over Lady Wendy's Char is getting quite out of hand . . . what to do . . . I could stop it . . . naaaa this is much more fun . . . where is the popcorn, Cloudy?

BK
Old 03-05-2001, 01:53 PM   #99
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Btw, if we here were to adhere to strict standards of what is of real interest/concern/importance to others before we post, our beloved Cb would still be a junior member.

Humph!

StormCloudonTheHorizon

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-05-2001, 01:56 PM   #100
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Btw, if we here were to adhere to strict standards of what is of real interest/concern/importance to others before we post, our beloved Cb would still be a junior member.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LadyWendy, are you going to stand for this attack on your sister's behalf? I just thought I would give you first rights due to birth, if not . . . I don't care HOWMANY Ramons there are, there will be a reckoning for soiling my fair lady's name. (Black Knight sharpens sword and thinks dark thought . . . )

BK