Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2003, 01:15 AM   #91
The Mad Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Isilya Ele'Kalin:

"Azalii!", Mom spoke the words, urgently, but without the sharpness in her voice that usually signals trouble."Are you going to sleep all day?Your brother goes before the Council this morning - and we really should go and see what they decide!"

Before you know it, Mom is pacing down the hallway from the bedrooms, speaking the entire time, "I've got some things to pick up, while we're there - and we can take the opportunity to visit your uncle - provided he's home, that is..." her voice trails off as she goes through all the possibilites the day may offer...

[img]graemlins/1dice.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2003, 06:12 AM   #92
fosferus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

“Melif Darkstone, Wolfrider of Grey Mountain.” Melif bows slightly “and this is my companion Fire Heart.” He gestures to the wolf. “We are just passing through your town.”

“As for hitting Nail on the head… Did his mother really name him Nail or is that a nickname?”
Old 02-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #93
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"I'm not sure if he was smart enough to come when he was called..." Bastion jokes."It's not as if he used his head for anything more than a hat stand!" he adds - "...or maybe a small target!Eveybody's got a reason in life......maybe he just fulfilled his..."Bastion chuckles a bit.

With that, he seems to get a bit more serious."So what brings you out here, friend?We don't have too many in the way of dwarves - they don't like the smells of the town, I guess - and I figure that there might be somewhat of a streak of racism here and abouts - maybe that's it..." he rambles, "...but to make a long sermon short, you DO stick out a bit, and I thought maybe to try and help you..." he stalls, fidgeting a little, "...or something.And I don't mean a little wrestling here and there - that only counts as fun..."

"...of course," he adds, almost to himself, "...if a guy came to town for fun, then that's *exactly* what he'd be after, now wouldn't it?" A relaxed grin comes to his face, and he leans back against a table, ceding the "floor" to Mr. Darkstone.
Bastion Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:17 PM   #94
fosferus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Melif leaned back a little and folded his arms “Fire and I are just passing through.” he said grimly “We’re on a little hunting expedition.”
Old 02-08-2003, 11:32 PM   #95
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Belthil awaits something to react to.

I also turn all living (and dead) NPCs I created in the tavern over to the Mad Dungeon Master. But if I get bored, I am creating another one!

[img]graemlins/wizardtrouble.gif[/img]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #96
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Hunting, eh?" Bastion rumbles."Well, friend, you're heading in the entirely wrong direction." he adds, turning toward the door.

"You see," he begins, waving his arm across - left to right - at chest height, "These areas are already hunted pretty heavily by the shopmasters (and thier hired hands, o' course) to feed this town.Preston don't look like much on a map, I'm pretty sure - heck, it's *real* size even took *me* by surprise, when I first got here - but you'd be amazed how they pack 'em in here!Especially with a port going out into Sybil Tarn," he adds, at the end, "Because the water acts like a great, big highway..."

The entire time he speaks, he looks sidelong at Melif, hoping to see if any of this is sinking in...

"It's not that you can't compete - heck, there are no laws against hunting - or fishing - for your own sustenance - or even his..." he gestures down at the (apparently) docile wolf, "...but I'm just trying to tell you that you'll be hard pressed to come up with any game, what with all that interference running alongside you out there."
Bastion Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #97
The Mad Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

In the Council Grove, in Ni'Taure:

The Council Grove is, as usual, lined in three rows of elvenkind, assembled this day to request rulings in the various squabbles, acquire payments for public services, gain assignments to public service, and that sort of thing.As always, there is an undercurrent of chatter buzzing along the edges, as the denizens patiently await the Council's emergence from the Council Chambers.

At the northernmost point of the grove stands the Council Chambers: a huge three-story building constructed entirely of stone.Generations ago, this building was designed and laid in, partially above the ground, but blending into it.The whole construction fades into the hillside, its stark, sharp edges gently folding to smooth, drifting lines, which then give way to the hillside itself.

No sooner does Belthil arrive, than the Council begins to emerge; the great stone doors silently sweep open, and the Council members stride at a stately pace out into the vacant center (about which the locals have gathered), forming a great "V" shape, with twelve members on each side.The leader takes up the rear, arriving at the "point" of the "V", joining the two lines of twelve by a thirteenth common member.Almost invisible in the shadows, the ceremonial guard pull the enormous doors closed again, spreading out into the forest nearby without a sound.

Before long, the Council is busy running down the list of the day's affairs - since they only meet once a week, this list can sometimes be long...Publicly, the Council Secretary reads aloud the docket, pausing while the two Undersecretaries (one on the left "end" of the "V", the other on the right "end" of the "V") repeat his declarations so that all may hear.

In almost no time, and particularly before he's prepared to hear it, the Council Sercretary calls Belthil Ele'Kalin's name - and pronounces the ceremonial preludes that accompany the assignment of one's Right Of Passage.During that time, Bethil is urged out into the clearing, between the lines forming the "V", standing straight before the Council Leader himself.(To no surprise, nor to his relief, Belthil notices his father standing third to his left...)

As the Council Secretary finishes the ceremonial pre-amble, the entire grrove falls silent, save for the noises of the animals at work (and play) nearby.It is then that the Council Leader chooses to speak.

"Belthil Ele'Kalin," he begins, "You desire to be recognized as an adult among us?"Belthil, knowing this is a rhetorical question, wisely remains silent."Very well..." the Council Leader continues, reaching into his robe's left sleeve, and retrieving a lightly-tanned scroll, freshly inked."I have here," he says, loud enough to be heard by anyone with ears, "...a mission that requires someone with self-possession.It will require much travel, but will be the beginning of your life's new journeys, should you choose it." the oldster adds this with a grin, pausing momentarily, he unrolls the scroll, and scans it thoroughly, top to bottom.

In the distance around the grove, the crowd buzzes and "oohs" and "aahs", punctuated sporadically with a whispered "Hush!" here, or "Stop that!" over there, and although the locals murmur amongst themselves, postulating what might be assigned, they all watch the Council Leader, waiting for him to finish his last-minute check of the Council's decision.As the Council Leader looks up from the scroll, the crowd hushes almost immediately, and once again, the grove grows oppressively silent.

"There is a settlement, far to the west of our pleasant forest, wherein we have a large elven populace." the oldster explains, "It is little more than a month's ride from here, and the highways are fair to good for travelling this season.As to why you're being told this: it is quite simple: We have lost contact with that outpost.It's name is SilverGuard, and it is - as you may already have guessed - on the far side of the great lake referred to as 'Sybil's Tarn'.How you get there is of little import to us; *THAT* you get there, deliver this message..." he holds out the scroll that, mere moments ago, he was looking at as if for the very first time, "...and bring us the reply, *THAT* is what *is* important."

The crowd surrounding the grove erupts in a low roar, some tittering in laughter, others swooning about prophecies, and still others questioning the validity of the assignment.The Council Leader's hand shoots skyward, and the entire group goes silent so quickly, the echoes of their outcry can be heard escaping over the nearby hills.

"Enough!" he declares, "This is *not* up to debate or argument!" he adds, bringing his arm back down, forcefully."The time for debate is through, the time for pointing up options and suppositions is past!" he continues, rounding on the crowd itself.The crowd tends to retreat a few steps where ever he turns, as though afraid.

"No, we have no idea *why* SilverGuard hasn't dispatched a messenger within the last moon cycle, and we have no information as to whether they truly are in danger, or have declared independence, or have been smitten to the last!"This final comment causes sporadic pandemonium in the crowd, but it dies out almost as rapidly as it started."No, for all we *know*," he emphasizes this last word by striking his right fist, hammer-like, into his left palm, "...this could all be an elaborate joke!Of course, we would have to adjust young Belthil's assignment, if that were the case," he favors Belthil with a smile, "But the sound finding of fact - along with the peace of mind that it brings - will be worth the risk!"He turns fully around, facing all of the crowd (once again), then turns finally to look right at Belthil himself.

"Young elf, you don't have to take up this journey - you can always re-submit for your Rite Of Passage next season, if you prefer.Don't act in haste - don't allow the impetuosity of youth to blind you to uncertain futures." He extends his hand, the scroll miraculously rolled (and bound!) in his outstretched hand (how did he *do* that?), offered up to the young elven male.

In the recesses of his own mind, Belthil Ele'Kalin hears a low, almost musical voice say - in something close to a whisper, "Well, son, what will you choose for yourself this day?" - and then it's gone...

[ 02-13-2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: The Mad Dungeon Master ]

Old 02-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #98
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Post pending my quick education as to how to properly address the council concering these affairs.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:07 AM   #99
The Mad Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

OOC>> To Belthil:Dude, Belthil's still considered a kid, right?So it follows that his manners - while they may be up to their best - may not exactly follow the "Royal Code" --- if you know what I mean.But, since this is the Council of Elders, and they were all young once (probably, anyway - one can never tell with elves), just act naturally!After all, in real life we learn by doing, right?And these guys may seem a bit stiff, even a little heavy in the formal department, but they probably would understand a young elf's concern - and even excitement - over his "Coming of Age".So - to you, my advice would be to re-read the post, get a mental picture of what's going on (if that is indeed possible), and post!It'll make you feel better, really it will... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

OOC>> To Azalii:Where have you been?You've gone and missed your brother's Rite of Passage display!It could be the most important day of his life!(Or at least he might feel that way, if he were sentimental or some such...)But hey, we won't hold that against you (will we guys? <*wicked grin*>).No, there are other plans for your storyline...<*chuckles menacingly*> [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

OOC>> To Melif:I know you are of two minds about this (Hey, you wouldn't have had any problems talking, if you didn't know that Bastion was "the man"), but consider this: a crime has been committed, and all you're really after is justice.No, I'm not saying spill your guts (you're not nearly drunk enough, really.).But having an ally within the city, especially one who may know the "ins and outs" of the criminal sector (either by joining it or putting it away) could be helpful to your search.Mind you, that's just a suggestion - feel free to ignore it...

[img]graemlins/wolfgang.gif[/img]

OOC>> To Anyone Else:This is the kind of chatter that would go on "across the table", as anyone with PnP experience will attest...Sometimes, you just gotta' pull off the mask <*screams erupt in the background*> (oh, sorry - not that mask) and say "Is that really what is happening?" or "Did you really do that?" or - my personal favorite - "PLEASE tell me you DIDN'T mean to do THAT!" - But I'll try to keep it to a minimum......thank you for your patience...

Old 02-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #100
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I feel the adrenaline of the players and know this is one game I'd love to participate in. But... as some of you already know... sigh...

Anyway, just wanted to lend some moral support to this thread and tweak the nose of the bumbling ranger, not to mention extend a sisterly embrace to the incomparable Spree

*Wonders if this game will last 20 threads and break OEW's record* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote