Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 02:17 PM   #91
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

GLOOMWOOD

Ligeia

Surprise registers on her face. “Indeed, I am a druid, my young friend, but how you happen to know that about me is something of a mystery.” She looks at him sympathetically, “So you find yourself with neither home nor place in the world of those whose humanity is not like ours? Where will you go if you leave this wood if there is so little for you outside of it?” She approaches him tentatively and gently places her hand upon his shoulder. “Should wish to learn from others who have grown to accept the beauty of their gifts you are welcome to remain. Think on it well, my friend, your flight and your gift has carried you here to another like yourself. Perhaps your place is here.” She removes her hand from him and smiles, “At least rest a while among us while you come to your decision.”
Old 06-08-2002, 02:43 PM   #92
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

"I ...I thank you for your kindliness and your offer! You are right, I really have no place to go. I should like to remain here until my teacher finds me. Then, I shall learn the ways of a druid. I hope she will be pleased with me!

Thinking a moment, he asks...

"Lady, I would like to be put to use in your land, as payment for your services. May I be of use to you anywhere?"
Old 06-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #93
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: There are two forests near the city. The Gloomwood is the more obviously dangerous of the two and is the one closest to the city gates.

GLOOMWOOD

Ligeia

“And are your former associates so demanding as to expect payment for something so simple as friendly conversation and an offer of hospitality? Nature has its dangers,” she smiles, “but it is not so cruel as that.” She tosses her head and stretches her arms, “All of this is yours to move about in freely. This is not my land nor has any other successfully claimed it. The Gloomwood is not a forest that is easily tamed. Still, you shall be safe here. Safe and free to surrender to the call of your gift.” She stoops and scratches Aesop between the ears. “I shall check on you later. For now, simply enjoy the freedom you have sought.” A low snarl sounds in her throat and she bounds outward smiling as her form once more takes on the graceful power of a wolf. Aesop follows her and the two are soon lost from view.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:37 PM   #94
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

He watches the two run off and looks around with renewed wonder. So, I have my own home now. This place is magnificient! All of this room to wander freely in, never to worry about the stupidities of the outside world again! I cannot beleive it! Oh, that TAO were here to give me a lesson!
He once again shifted into the form of a dire panther and sniffed the air. It was too good to be true! Hunger had now caught up with him, and no sooner had he decided that it was time to eat, than a rabbit had braved a venturous hop from his hidden home. Raymond smiled and began to stalk.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #95
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (Lady Gal has returned to the table with a stern look on her face) "What's the matter, milady, you seem concerned?" (He feels Eliza stiffen beside him)
Old 06-08-2002, 09:52 PM   #96
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

She looks up just in time to see the youth knocking aside a few bewildered patrons who stumble and curse him as he sprints out of the tavern with amazing speed. Sorrow mingles with resentment as she feels her body shrouded alternately by ice and fire.

I have hurt him, yes... but what else did he expect me to say? Words which I did not mean? ~ Her eyes darken momentarily ~ He can't have been an understanding or patient man... and so it is no loss to me. ~ Yet she knows the words are unfair ~ Oh, that I had never met him in the first place! ~ Angrily, she looks at her breakfast, her appetite quite ruined. Taking time to compose herself again, she turns to gaze upon the stern-faced Galadria. Several companions have now shifted attention from herself to the pink-armoured paladin.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:21 PM   #97
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

The fondness in her eyes shines brightly as the moon crawls its way to a majestic high, watching over both of them benevolently. Dimples form at both corners of her mouth and she shyly lowers herself to lean against his comforting shoulder.

She begins to hum a soft tune, finding her mind much clearer than before ~ He thinks this magical place charmed... and it seems that music dispels a little of its spells... ~ Murmuring softly into his ear ~ "Let me sing a song for you, Legolas... a song I learnt as a child..."

Lady Night, she stands up tall
Guarding creatures big and small
Fighting all who threaten them
Much more precious than a gem

Weaving spells to aid the weak
'specially gentle to the meek
Pride of all the great and strong
Striving hard to right the wrong

Would that good prevail from now
Hostile beings kneel and bow
Evil turns upon itself
Good into itself will delve

Wise and kindly Lady Night
May you wed a shining knight
Hand in hand you'll keep us safe
And harmless path for us you'll pave..."

Gradually, her voice softens and her head falls neatly onto his shoulder.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:44 AM   #98
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

His eyes close and he rocks lowly back and forth as he drifts on the melody of her song. It has a comforting, calming effect, and he is almost sorry when it ends. Almost, for she put her head on his shoulder.
Afraid to move, lest she pull her head away, he slowly turns his head toward her as far as he dares.

"It's beautiful, Sorsha," he whispers as he stares out into the night without seeing.
"Where did you learn a song like this?"

Still fearing to move his shoulder and take the weight from his arm so he may put it around her, he instead tilts his head to let it rest on hers. If her hair against his skin itches, he doesn't notice.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:34 AM   #99
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

GALADRIA "We have been warned off by the local authorities, but I have some information, too. By Helm's crystal hand, if they think they are going to stop me..." (glances apprehensively at Blandamour) "...us, I mean, from getting to the bottom of this, they had better think again! There is evil, here, and it smells of ash, oak, and thorn!" (recollects herself) "The information is about the murderers that I slew. It seems that their bodies fell to dust after we left, Isaura."
Old 06-09-2002, 09:39 AM   #100
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (She starts at hearing these words in the brawny blonde's mouth, and tugs at Blandamour's sleeve) "My lord, what did she mean by 'ash, oak and thorn?' I found those very leaves in your saddlebag after I had packed it. Here they are, I have kept them in my pouch. I did not know what they were, but a herbalist in Erebos identified them for me before we left."
Closed Thread