Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 11:46 PM   #91
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Morning has arrived

As Deiter was awakening from his night's sleep, and finding Spree doing the same, Larry came staggering in the door, holding his blood stained hand at his stomach, which was also fresh with a crimson stain.

"Hi guys"!!!
...spits up blood at this point...

"Spree, you are awake!
Good! I got your dagger back"!...
...and I found Brightblade, too...

...falls to one knee...

Is Kaz still washing dishes???

...Larry topples over, fainted for the loss of blood.
Both blades rise into the air and hover, as though on guard over the body.

Nightblade seems to see K. Spree sitting up in bed, and twinkles...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 11:58 PM   #92
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"I thought you'd gone up to see Larry." Still crouching, Mistral looks up to see the dangerous glitter in Serephine's eyes. Her attention shifts as she senses some movement behind her arch-rival. ~ She's got company… darn… ~ "Do you need my assistance, Serephine?" the stranger speaks in a husky voice; she is dressed in a shining full plate mail and holds a warhammer and shield. ~

Serephine glances at the priestess ~ "There is no need for that. Thank you for the offer, anyway… you have done your part admirably and your reward will be to witness Mistral's defeat." ~ The sneer in Serephine's tone rattles the latter's nerves, but Mistral watches her opponent. ~ Just as I'd underestimated her in the Dragon's Breath, so she underestimates me now... does she intend to kill me? ~ Aloud ~ "Does Meldrin know of your intentions? He doesn't seem to want me dead, and he would be seriously displeased at this turn of events."

"No, I do not intend to kill you. But I don't see why I can't have a little fun with you while you're here. As you'll probably have noticed by now, that pretty scar of yours - I must say I'm impressed at my artwork - likes to remind you of its presence now and then." ~ Her eyes are alight with amusement ~ "It is the masterwork of Falesine here. You'll carry that irritation with you, Mistral, for the rest of your life… that is, unless you defeat me now. You have my word that the curse will be removed if you succeed in bringing me down to the ground." ~ Saying, she hurls down two blades in Mistral's direction. ~ "I prefer to play fair; let's see how good you really are." ~

My Daystar and Celestial Fury! Joy spurts from the inner depth of Mistral's soul to every membrane of her body ~ "Thank you. Let us begin." ~ Grabbing the long sword and katana intuitively, she feels her strength return and jumps up with renewed vigour. ~ Serephine lifts her two-handed sword and charges towards Mistral. ~ Thank Mystra for the minor sequencer I had prepared outside the KFA restaurant just before I met Kaz… Her thoughts running in parallel with her motions, Mistral releases the sequencer and ten magic missiles shoot towards Serephine, striking her. ~ Serephine staggers and utters a curse, but despite the wounds on her arms and face, she quickly recovers and prepares for battle once again.~

Mistral's kai ability is activated just as Serephine reaches her. ~ Father, you have never been there for me… be here always, from now on! ~ Swinging both her arms in an intricate way, she strikes at Serephine, aware that she is dealing maximum damage for the next two rounds. ~ Serephine cries out involuntarily, and she shoves her sword furiously against the dancing swords which are confusing her line of vision. With a mighty effort, she thrusts Mistral back, hoping that the latter will trip and fall…~

Stumbling back, Mistral finds herself holding on to the bed and she swiftly arises. Realising she has no time to cast her other spells, she activates her kai ability once more. ~ Oh, father! I'm so glad you sent me to the fighting society! ~ She rushes forward and whips Serephine again. Unable to take the onslaught of whirling activity, Serephine finally falls…~

"I… I concede defeat. You had the advantage of magic, Mistral, and my ignorance is suitably punished." ~ Turning towards Falesine, she nods wearily. For a moment, the room is silent, safe for the sound of chanting. Then… ~ The pain! It's gone! Mistral's heart leaps and she looks down to see her ankle. Though the ugly scar remains, it is now a dull brown - the colour of dried blood.~

"I take back my words about your being a coward. Unfortunately, these must be returned to their rightful place - in the Treasury." Serephine gets up, strides over to reclaim Mistral's weapons and stares at her. ~ "You're indeed a strange one, Mistral. My first loyalty is to Meldrin, but I shall try to help you... as much as I can."

~ Saying, she signals to Faledine and the sea-elves retreat out of the room.~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-11-2001).]

Old 10-11-2001, 12:20 AM   #93
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

???
Do I not get to kill anymore people with my twin blades?
I was having such a good time.

It looks like you are fighting your own way out !

Great plot twist!

You have come up with such amazing character inter-relation!

PS...Good nighty-night

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 01:35 AM   #94
mistral4543

(ooc: Larry - Your many pieces such as those on Mistral's father's last days and the garden scene were heartwrenching; Killing Spree's dream sequence was a tearjerker; Deiter's coordination with KS was seamless; Kaz's storytelling was spellbinding... what I'm trying to say is I'm real proud of the quality of our stories and how much fun all this is

I haven't ruled out the possibility of you guys/gals rescuing my character. However, Larry's and Killing Spree's characters are badly hurt. Meldrin seems like a really tough opponent, so I'm not sure if it's too cheesy to let my character wallop him so easily... I shall see how everyone else responds to this.)

Old 10-11-2001, 06:57 AM   #95
mistral4543

Relief surges into Mistral's mind as she sits on her bed alone. The adrenaline that had come to her at her time of need now seeps away. The lines on her taut face earlier gradually disappear as she smiles to herself knowing that she has made one more ally. Partial ally, she corrects herself.

"I have never had anything which was not earned by my own wits and abilities!"

I must have shouted this to Larry, Deiter and Killing Spree in my previous life... how else can I explain why these words are fast becoming a faded memory?

I am tired... so very tired... Father...Mother... why have you abandoned me?... Do you even know how lonely I am?... How am I going to live on alone?... I am not as strong as you... I need you...If I could...I would...

For the first time in her life, Mistral gives vent to the torrents of emotions relentlessly crashing against her inner core. Emitting a heart-wrenching scream, she shrieks incoherently, pounding the bed with her clenched fists and kicking violently. The bed trembles as her body continues to writhe with a life of its own. She strikes herself with her bare hands before scratching her arms with her fingers, all the while wailing and gasping for air as she chokes on her tears...

Finally, the tempest subsides and apart from the occasional sobs and sniffles, the room is silent.

I must be strong, for your sakes. ~ She checks her tears for fear that they will begin falling again. ~ I will show you that I can make it on my own, even as you watch me from the heavens. ~ This time, the single tear will not be stopped and rolls down her left cheek. ~ I will join Larry in his quest to prove himself. I will show you that your daughter is someone you can be proud of...

~The image of Larry materialises in Mistral's mind and she smiles secretly to herself. That big-hearted, lovable but bumbling ranger. I wonder how he is right now...~

Old 10-11-2001, 09:12 AM   #96
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...
Good Morning everyone!
I am hoping that either Spree, Deiter, or Kaz will come on soon and help a brotha out!
If not, I may have to write my own little recovery scene....
Until then, Adieu.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:13 PM   #97
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This is a bump to get it back to the top.

I am really eager to see what happens tonight!
I can't wait!
I have never been so wrapped up in a story before.
Good luck in your writings, everyone!

ps...hey!
I am now a woman with a sun balanced on my head...
Is that cool, or what!

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

Old 10-11-2001, 02:34 PM   #98
mistral4543

(ooc: Yes, Larry, very nice icon you have there... but as I said before, I prefer simple ones such as stars. I must be the only one out here who thinks this! I sent you another email yesterday, btw.

I fell asleep without realising it at 9.30 pm last night. Woke up at 1.45 am and now I am having difficulty falling asleep. However, I shall try my best to go back to bed, cos I'll start work later having a pounding headache otherwise.
Anyway, *BUMP*-ing for a bumbling ranger...teehehe... }

Old 10-11-2001, 03:02 PM   #99
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Bumbling Ranger...
At least I made it back alive, somewhat, from the garden...
and I have your sword!"

Old 10-11-2001, 04:05 PM   #100
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-Deiter thought he heard Larry as he woke up. Looking over at the door way the half elf sees the ranger on the floor."What the?" Getting up quickly he bent down next to him."What happened?"-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."