Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #91
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Someguy should remember to put his on

how's this Willow IX?
Old 12-02-2002, 07:18 PM   #92
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Planescape: Torment's great! Much more "roleplaying" than the other infinity engine games...so it's not quite as action-filled. Still, you can pick it up with some other game for $10, so why not?
Old 12-02-2002, 07:23 PM   #93
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
I figured you could tell me about Planescape Torment. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
What about it? It is a D&D based game set in the Lower Planes, prmarily in Sigil, the City of Doors. You play the Nameless One, a scarred, Tattoed, immortal giant who cannot remember his past, not even his own name. Your group members, far from being elf, dwarf, etc., are a floating, wisecracking skull, a tiefling, a Gith, a succubus, and a robot thingie called a modron, from the Plane of Mechanus. You can also have a living flame and an animated suit of armor, but I never do. You are not seeking to save the world, and there is no real villain. You must find out your past, before your immortality becomes a danger to your essential self. Low combat, high dialogue, GREAT NPC's. Highly recommended.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:24 PM   #94
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Someguy should remember to put his on

how's this Willow IX?
I did PM you about getting a christmas sig,but this will do.Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-02-2002, 07:37 PM   #95
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Wow, that's a cool WillowIX sig.

Hey all, just dropping in to say hello and goodbye. It's 6:45 here in Chi-town and the taskmasters have finally unhooked me from the hamster wheel. Be back in... *checks watch*... 14 hours. Cheers all.

As a side note, all of these anime chicks decked out in skimpy holiday gear are certainly making me . . . festive.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:39 PM   #96
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
I figured you could tell me about Planescape Torment. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
What about it? It is a D&D based game set in the Lower Planes, prmarily in Sigil, the City of Doors. You play the Nameless One, a scarred, Tattoed, immortal giant who cannot remember his past, not even his own name. Your group members, far from being elf, dwarf, etc., are a floating, wisecracking skull, a tiefling, a Gith, a succubus, and a robot thingie called a modron, from the Plane of Mechanus. You can also have a living flame and an animated suit of armor, but I never do. You are not seeking to save the world, and there is no real villain. You must find out your past, before your immortality becomes a danger to your essential self. Low combat, high dialogue, GREAT NPC's. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]Here Here! I agree with Attalus re Planescape Torment, excellent game! [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh, and Attalus, don't forget fire man and the jerko fighter that you can take instead of Modron near the end of the game (can't remember their names)! Dakkon was my favorite with Morte as a close second LOL [img]smile.gif[/img] I remember I actually cried (never do that in any PC game!) when I watched the ending movie!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-02-2002, 07:46 PM   #97
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LadyZ, you are thinking of Ignus, whom I referred to as "a living flame," can't stand him, and Vhaillor, the dead Mercykiller who still inhabits his suit of armor. Much rather have Nordom, thank you very much. I didn't like Dakkon that much, though he is very useful, but Annah and Fall-From-Grace are two of my favorite NPC's of all time, right up there with Viconia nd Imoen. Morte is Okay, though I wish he'd put a sock in it half the time, or as Annah says, "If you keep starin' at me tail, skull, I'm gonna mount you on a pike!" in that wonderful Sheena Easton-voiced Scots brogue.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:59 PM   #98
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LadyZ, you are thinking of Ignus, whom I referred to as "a living flame," can't stand him, and Vhaillor, the dead Mercykiller who still inhabits his suit of armor. Much rather have Nordom, thank you very much. I didn't like Dakkon that much, though he is very useful, but Annah and Fall-From-Grace are two of my favorite NPC's of all time, right up there with Viconia nd Imoen. Morte is Okay, though I wish he'd put a sock in it half the time, or as Annah says, "If you keep starin' at me tail, skull, I'm gonna mount you on a pike!" in that wonderful Sheena Easton-voiced Scots brogue.
ROTFL! Well I guess we thought different re all the NPCS, but that is what makes the game so great, most everyone likes it if they just truly give it a shot and not get frustrated in the first few areas like a lot of people I've noticed do. Oh I liked Ignus, especially when you learn more about his past. And I loved Dakkon, dunno he was just so haunting, and his stories were touching and his voice was also haunting and serene, I just really liked that. And Anna surprised me later on in the game from when I first picked her up, and I very quickly got attached to her character. Fall From Grace I also liked, but more in a "regal" type of way if that makes sense. And for me Morte was totally hilarious! And a great fighter too! Oh, LOL, yeah I really only chose Vhaillor for the sheer monster bashing power LOL, I didn't care much for his personality LOL (won't spoil anything here as to why LOL). Hmmmm, funny Attalus, seems the majority of your favorite NPCs are females

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-02-2002, 08:07 PM   #99
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
. Hmmmm, funny Attalus, seems the majority of your favorite NPCs are females
Near 100%, dear LadyZ. I kinda like Keldorn, though not enough to include him in a BGII party, and I liked Khalid in BG. I am having trouble in IWDII trying to figure out who is going to be in my final party. Right now it is my Pally, Viconia, Imoen, Fall-From-Grace, Annah, and Nalia.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:07 PM   #100
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HI all! I'm dealing with an attrocious headache so I'm just popping in a few minutes at a time. See you've got the place in hand! I'm gonna play PsT someday!

Back later!