Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 07:38 PM   #91
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Turkeys are very easy, Attalus. Tell her to put a lot of butter up under the skin. (If you don't use butter, then low-fat margarine works as well) and make sure the seasoning gets under the skin as well. I use a combination of sage, onion, salt, and black pepper. Are you guys doing stuffing or forgoing it?

-Sazerac
Saz, she would never allow low-fat margerine in the house. We go through a pound of butter a week. I believe that I saw her looking at recipes for oyster and chestnut dressing, but I know for sure that cornbread is out, 'cause she hates it. She is also doing eggplant casserole, green bean casserole (the real kind, not the kind that uses canned onion rings and canned mushroom sour), what she calls "Shook Potatoes," that she got from a book of M.F.K. Fischer's, ambrosia fro, her mother's recipe, and mince and pumpkin pie. Should be enough for the first course.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:47 PM   #92
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
And I just live in Calgary! So I have to hate the Oilers!

My hatred for Dallas can be summed up in one word: Hatcher [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] !
MY hate for Dallas is because they always kick the Oilers outta the Playoffs in the first round [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2002, 07:48 PM   #93
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Not true, you guys have done pretty well against them in '97 and oh, was it '00 or '01.

BTW, don't tell anybody, but I cheer for the Oilers in the playoffs
Old 10-28-2002, 07:52 PM   #94
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Saz, she would never allow low-fat margerine in the house. We go through a pound of butter a week. I believe that I saw her looking at recipes for oyster and chestnut dressing, but I know for sure that cornbread is out, 'cause she hates it. She is also doing eggplant casserole, green bean casserole (the real kind, not the kind that uses canned onion rings and canned mushroom sour), what she calls "Shook Potatoes," that she got from a book of M.F.K. Fischer's, ambrosia fro, her mother's recipe, and mince and pumpkin pie. Should be enough for the first course.
Ahhh, people who appreciate fine cooking! Cornbread is fine if it's done properly, but it's best left alone if you don't like it.

My mom used to make an oyster-and-dirty-rice dressing that was to die for. Also eggplant dressing.

It sounds like you guys have quite a repast planned! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm going to be cooking a turkey as well, but only for three. Guess I'll be watching the Macy's Parade in the background while it's going, like I do every year.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-28-2002, 07:54 PM   #95
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Not true, you guys have done pretty well against them in '97 and oh, was it '00 or '01.

Well, its the next closest team to home, when the Flames don't make it to the playoffs!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:01 PM   #96
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:

Well, its the next closest team to home, when the Flames don't make it to the playoffs![/QUOTE]I don't know if this is common knowledge but
1) The Flames haven't made it to the playoffs since '96
2) The Flames haven't made it past round 1 of the playoffs since they won the Stanley Cup in '89
Old 10-28-2002, 08:04 PM   #97
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
I don't know if this is common knowledge but
1) The Flames haven't made it to the playoffs since '96
2) The Flames haven't made it past round 1 of the playoffs since they won the Stanley Cup in '89
Well, I coulda guessed! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-28-2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 10-28-2002, 08:09 PM   #98
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I finally get home after being out in the mist and rain all day. I think that checking in at Cloudy's would brighten up my day. Yet, what do I find? (Rhetorical question and beginning of a soliquey.)
A wind-racked and cloudy day confronts me in the midst of my own personal hell. The sky itself weeps in sympathy in the face of a tragic death. Yes, Hedda is gone. Shis is not forgotten (*lightening shoots across the sky* *the roar of thunder deafens the ear and shakes the ground*) No! Hedda is not forgotten! She is the source of recipes for that vile triumverate of Cloudy, Saz, and Attalus. I finally find a use for the "Know Alignment" Spell. Such a perdiferous betrayal. Surely my brethren are shocked by the stench of such evil. No. They would rather bash the DALLAS STARS. I weep! My heart breaks! I'm just going to go and drink water out of the toilet. [IMG]

[ 10-28-2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: antryg ]
Old 10-28-2002, 08:14 PM   #99
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
I'm just going to go and drink water out of the toilet.
All right, you go do that!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:16 PM   #100
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
I'm just going to go and drink water out of the toilet.
Hey, my dog did that the other day! How's it down there in Dallas? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Note: Isn't it interesting how three posts can be on such an inane subject as drinking water from the toilet?