Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #11
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
A sensible diet. In other words lay off the twinkies and ding dongs.
You are a sick, twisted individual! Next, I suppose, you be telling him to give up beer and red meat! Then you'll want him to eat more chicken. Give me a break!!! How disgusting is all that!

Me I eat what I want, drink what I want. Set on my butt in the recliner when I get home and I'm in perfect shape!!!

Hey!!! Rounds a shape! And I'm quite pleasingly round!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Personally, I like Lovisa's workout technique, but my wife just rolled her eye's when I mentioned it. Mumbled something about three kids, washing clothes and house cleaning. Not sure what that was all about. Oh well.

Now where did I put that bag of Doritos?
Old 06-12-2003, 08:52 AM   #12
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Forget about all that hogwash diet stuff. Eat what you like, as much as you like. But just like in Morrwind, run everywhere you go, jump, climb every hill you run across, and get that short straight weight bar out and practice your sword chops like young Arthur did in "Excalibur".

Did you know that Arnold dropped 16lbs during the filming of the 2nd "Conan" movie. He was still at show weight from the Mr Universe circuit, and as said from his interview something along the lines of swinging that 48lb sword around caused him to drop 16lbs. He did swing a real weighted sword in order to maintain his posture during his Olympia years.

But what the hey, I've been over 6' and just under 250 for quite a few years now, and I eat what I want when I want. Then Mtn Bike like hell. Just decrease the amount of sugars in your daily consumption, that is what's making your jawls bulge.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:58 AM   #13
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Bardan summed it up really. Muscle burns fat. Increase your muscle mass by resistance training (that is slow weights, lots of repetitions etc...) and watch your diet and you'll be set.

Don't believe the hype diets like zero carbs, only cabbage, etc... but most people eat to much carbs, or too much meat or both...
It's fine to eat a low-moderate carb diet. Most people could cut out about half a meal a day without risking anything. Also if you then take that amount and spread it out over 5 to 6 smaller meals, your metabolism will pick up and you'll utilize the food better.

Having said this (worked for me) I also find that being vegetarian (with fish/seafood), smoking, not sleeping much, and working heaps keeps me thin as well...(not recomended)

I thoroughly endorse checking with a physican if you intend making drastic changes.

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #14
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Sorry Guys!

Pouches on face and neck are predetermined by heredity and helped along by weight and time. Jowles and eye pouches, chins etc. will always be there unless you go to the plastic surgeon. You can reduce some of the fat - but the terminator has had several enhancements!