Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2002, 11:12 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

They wouldn't last a minute in Aussie rules, Rugby Union, or League would they Memnoch eh? Now there's a mans sport. Show pain and you'll get hit where it hurt.

There's too many candy bottoms in Football.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-03-2002, 11:30 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Some talk from Martin Tyler and the Aussie commentators that Rivaldo could be charged and suspended on video evidence - is that at all likely - have they changed the rules to allow retrospective bookings??
they are thinking about doing that and that's about time because this is getting ugly. And what's this with laying down after being hit by a coin ? I used to play football myself and i always took my wallad into the field for things like this. When it happened i would go and provoke the crowd some more so they keep throwing at me, i don't care, i gladly pick em all up and have a nice cold one after the game at their cost.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:30 AM   #13
Vlad Tepes
Dungeon Master

If u think there are only pu*** in soccer, than u should try to get trough the german or argetinian defenders trying to keep the ball under ur control, acting happens with every sport; those who can play by the rules and take advantage over them,putting thogether their own skills and ability, will always overcome those who doesnt have the same capacity... u can say that the referee helped brazil, but brazil had a goal nullified, further more during the entire first time brazil had many chances to score, tho turkey had 1 single oportunity when the brazilian defence crashed, and they scored, however brazil was keeping control of the game and had a bunch more chances to score but the turkish goalkeeper was in a fine day. The turkish player who shot that ball over Rivaldo had to be sent off, there was no need of that the game was almost finished and i say that Rivaldo just acted like that so the turkish-nervous-player was sent off, now he wont shot ball's over other players and make the game lose it's respect, i say they asked for it, that's my point of view and many of u gonna say: "of course, u are brazilian". yep, i am, tho i believe that all i said in this post could fit any other team. I mean, that referee is a poor bas*** and in soccer, referees that cant keep control of the game are manipulated by the players, and that can happen in every sport... that's the way i see the game, many of u might disagree, and i'm sure u will, anyway thanks for ur attention.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:43 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

G'day Vlad, of course you're entitled to your opinion, and it's good of you to support your team. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Don't take my criticism personally - it's not directed at you, it's directed at Rivaldo, thespian extraordinaire, who should be a nominee for Oscar of the Year. He looked like a piece of paper, the way he slowly crumpled to the floor, grabbing his face after being hit in the knee by the ball.

That's the beauty of sport - people can have wildly differing viewpoints, and get get into some quite heated arguments, but all are united in one thing - their passion for the game they love.

[ 06-04-2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-04-2002, 10:59 AM   #15
Vlad Tepes
Dungeon Master

Right u are Menoch, i agree with u at the acting stuff Rivaldo did, but how could the Academy know that he was such a great actor i mean Russel Crowe is nothing compared to him... he is the best person on world to make a pain on his thigh be transferred to his face! Just joking but to say the truth, I'm glad we can have civilized discussions here in this forum Menoch.

P.S. i wouldnt take ur statement personally Menoch, I just love the Brazilian soccer team.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:49 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Tepes:
Right u are Menoch, i agree with u at the acting stuff Rivaldo did, but how could the Academy know that he was such a great actor i mean Russel Crowe is nothing compared to him... he is the best person on world to make a pain on his thigh be transferred to his face! Just joking but to say the truth, I'm glad we can have civilized discussions here in this forum Menoch.

P.S. i wouldnt take ur statement personally Menoch, I just love the Brazilian soccer team.
Of course...that's what this forum is for. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And what about Ronaldinho - he had an absolute SHOCKER last night. Big Phil should start Denilson instead of Ronaldinho - just as long as he can control his temper.