Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 09:57 PM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I-world problems..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 04-30-2003, 10:08 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

NOT FAIR!!!!!! Here in Europe our stupid governments/telecomms companies are still struggling to provide decent ADSL services with 1/2 or 1MBit/s!
I went to Papua New Guinea very briefly and you know what? Some of the people living there exist in ramshackle huts with no electricity at all!
NOT FAIR!!!!!!
All relative uncle Vask I guess you'll just have to swallow your pride and accept your snails-pace internet access [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]That's a stupid argument. [img]tongue.gif[/img] If we think like that then we should never strive to make life better just because there are some people who are worse-off. There are some people with worse computers than me so I shouldn't want to buy a new computer ever? There are people with no internet so I shouldn't even a little bit wish for a better connection myself? Sorry, not relevant argument And what are you on about pride? What's this gotta do with pride? LOL! I don't take PRIDE in my internet connection! LOL what a wierd and twisted idea!

And don't call me Uncle Vask!

[ 04-30-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-30-2003, 11:24 PM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

uncle coz you're all grumpy?

well, i am still pretty contented with my 56k internet... i am scared that if i get my hands into that kind of connection... endless internet for me!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:09 AM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
That's a stupid argument. [img]tongue.gif[/img] If we think like that then we should never strive to make life better just because there are some people who are worse-off. There are some people with worse computers than me so I shouldn't want to buy a new computer ever? There are people with no internet so I shouldn't even a little bit wish for a better connection myself? Sorry, not relevant argument And what are you on about pride? What's this gotta do with pride? LOL! I don't take PRIDE in my internet connection! LOL what a wierd and twisted idea!

And don't call me Uncle Vask!
Not stupid at all my good man. By all means strive for improvement. Better your circumstances. Work for a better world for you and for me and for hu-man-i-ty. Just don't cry like a little baby when you don't get what you want [img]tongue.gif[/img] Heh heh. If some people can cope with living in poverty, you can cope with your internet connection going a wee bit slower. Can you hack it Vaskez? Can you hack it?

And you do realize I'm saying this in all light-heartedness don't you? [img]smile.gif[/img] I've got nothin' but love for ya Unc...er, sorry, Grampa Vask
Old 05-01-2003, 07:14 AM   #15
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

"gasp".. god im so envious.. im dead envious.. im darn right jealous.. "looks at the new housing in south korea available for sale" ..

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-01-2003, 08:56 AM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Not stupid at all my good man. By all means strive for improvement. Better your circumstances. Work for a better world for you and for me and for hu-man-i-ty. Just don't cry like a little baby when you don't get what you want [img]tongue.gif[/img] Heh heh. If some people can cope with living in poverty, you can cope with your internet connection going a wee bit slower. Can you hack it Vaskez? Can you hack it?

And you do realize I'm saying this in all light-heartedness don't you? [img]smile.gif[/img] I've got nothin' but love for ya Unc...er, sorry, Grampa Vask
Bah, go away and let me cry over my ADSL connection! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hehe who's crying? I just wanted a gripping title for my topic so a cry of "it's not fair" in capital letters is sure to get people's attention. I'm perfectly content with everything I have, bro. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2003, 09:01 AM   #17
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Bah, go away and let me cry over my ADSL connection! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hehe who's crying? I just wanted a gripping title for my topic so a cry of "it's not fair" in capital letters is sure to get people's attention. I'm perfectly content with everything I have, bro. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know, and it's good to hear [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #18
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well back to the point at hand.... 100Mbits/sec is amazing isn't it? Well that's optical fibres for ya.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:08 AM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

whoa... i wonder... okay... so what are optical fibres? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #20
realbinky
Elminster

Light Bulb

Crazy uncle Vask. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"Dude, scary old German guy's bitchin!"