Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Trying to think of something appropriate... I suspect the whole family needs a talking-to. To reach 20 without a good understanding of the principles of cause and effect is pretty sad, assuming normal mental and emotional faculties. To reach that age without the concepts of chess (looking a move ahead at your opponent's response) is regrettable, but not as basic as C&E above.

Quoting my favorite songsmith...

"When we are young,
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:19 PM   #22
quietman1920

Let her off Light??? I say Crank the engines to Flank and drop her off the Stern by a rope, but sharks deserve better food than her sorry butt. People, Cruises are THE Most Expensive form of vacation I can think of. People save for Years just to be able to have 1-2 weeks with the Spa, Exotic Ports of Call, food 24-7, drinks 24-7. My personal choice is the Disney Cruise Line.

Every night when I come home to dinner, my 6 year-old asks me "Daddy, when can we go back to the Disney Cruise Ship...?". I'd Love to go yearly, but its So Damn Expensive I'm lucky if I can take my family every 4th or 5th year. (and even then, just for 1 week) I'm not alone, either. People plan their Weddings and Dream Vacations on ships. When someone spoils your Dreams, just how do you get that back? How do you get back time off you were given for a vacation? Two weeks a year isn't a lot in the first place.

So, Miss Horny Selfish 20 Year Old misses her boyfriend. Boo Fricken Hoo. In terms of money, she cost the people on that ship about $2500 per person On Average. Since there are 2400 passengers+crew and the crew can't be more than 100, lets say she just cost $2500 x 2300 vacation dollars. She cost the defense department into the low 6 digits to pay for the strike team to go aboard, secure the ship and do the interviews (thats a million on her tab so far). She cost the cruise line its reputation: Ma & Pa Kettle will now think cruise ships = terrorism (that's a civil verdict...we're in the low 7 digits). Not to mention all the Weddings she spoiled and Dreams she killed.

Can she pay these people back? Of Couse Not. At Least She's over 18, so her parents Should be off the hook and she'll be held accountable for her actions. I say Bury her in Judgements So Deep that she Never sees an un-garnished paycheck or a Tax Refund. Require her to file "zero dependants" too. And throw in the Jail Time just as a deterrant so that NO one Ever dares try to do this again.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:36 PM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
About the title of this thread: it was meant to be a jest. I would say that the Euro way is spending months on something that can be done in a matter of minutes. And the American way probably lies closer to using a Cruise Missile where a pocket knife would suffice
Of course, if anyone is serieusly offended, I'll ask the mods to edit it.
Naaaah [img]smile.gif[/img] Just wanted to make a point, not cause a change [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 02:44 PM   #24
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Why don't you just crucify her? I mean 20 years in prison what will she do when she coems out? Be a parasite and al lyou american people will pay for her to live...She'd be more use dead...
Hmmn i think im too pessimistic...
Old 04-30-2003, 02:54 PM   #25
GForce

hmmm ... i'd have to agree with Magik's comment. the topic title does appear to suggest that Americans in general deal with problems this way. IMO how inaccurate that statement is. but in light of a recent war, yeah I understand why anyone might make a statement like that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #26
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quietman1920 I do see your point about people paying for a cruise, however I doubt the cruise was cancelled, and for most it probably added to the excitement. They are probably all happy to have a story to tell their friends at home. However crucifying someone for stupidity when they may have possibly learned from their mistake is pointless. Jails are for dangerous criminals who are a continues threat and danger to society. At least if you want to punish her send her to one of those country clubs for those fraudulent CEO's.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:31 PM   #27
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

"When you have a sledgehammer in your hands, everything starts looking like a spike needing driving." - Mark Twain [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2003, 07:17 AM   #28
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Quietman1920 I do see your point about people paying for a cruise, however I doubt the cruise was cancelled, and for most it probably added to the excitement. They are probably all happy to have a story to tell their friends at home. However crucifying someone for stupidity when they may have possibly learned from their mistake is pointless. Jails are for dangerous criminals who are a continues threat and danger to society. At least if you want to punish her send her to one of those country clubs for those fraudulent CEO's.
i agree here (if the cruise was not cancelled) and it would only influece the girl to be bad if she is surrounded with criminals in a very bad environment...

Catch me if you can..