Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #31
WillowIX
Apophis

Just had another idea. Could you make the tax for funding art optional? If you want to support art by governmental funding, you pay ˝ a $ a month?

Note: MagiK, if you find this off topic let me know and I´ll throw this post in the garbage. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 03:28 PM   #32
MagiK

Well it is about art and taxes...so seems on topic to me.
As for the idea itself...I am all for and would vote for in a heart beat any kind of voluntary type of thing....people should have the right to contribute to what they want to...my angst is over the government forcing me to subsidize an non-critical program against my will (and yes I know we control it with our votes..int his case congress goofed.)

Old 03-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #33
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Speaking of which: you always support drilling in Alaska, but I never once hear you take this gripe you have with tax spending and apply it to the *hundreds of millions* Congress will spend subsidizing BigOil operations there. Hypocritical, no?
But, Corporate Welfare = Good and Art Welfare = Bad.

Really though, NEA funding costs about 40-50 cents per taxpayer last I heard. So tell ya what. If I can withhold the portion of my taxes that goes to corporate welfare, you can withhold the portion that goes to the NEA [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Actually, TL as much as I know it would be pleasureable for you to hear me say it...I don't think I ever once said I support Corporate welfare. If a company wants to search for oil and or drill in Alaska, then hey, go for it...just don't make the government pay you to do it.......HOWEVER...some time way before I was born, Petroleum was declared a National Asset or resource ....err Im forgetting the actual ter....it means a VITAL resource to the nation so they got into the business of subsidzing it....happened before my time and not much I can do about it now....given a national referendum I would vote against corporate welfare to all corps.

Edit: I addressed TL but Rokken and he sort of dovetailed...soo....
As for being hipocritical...I think not, I can't crusade for all issues all at once

[ 03-13-2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 03-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #34
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Fair enough, MagiK, just be aware that when you talk about the wonderful idea of drilling in Alaska, you seem to support Corp Welfare. While I realize your whole point goes to the non-impacts of the drilling, you ultimately should not support the program because it involves 95% government money amounting to several hundred million over the next few years.