Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 05:29 PM   #21
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I am sorry to hear all this. It's so strange to us here in the USA. We really had no serious security at airports here until after 9/11. That's of course because we are a free and open nation. Many of us here had never seen police carring automatic weapons except on TV or in the movies. Many citizens in the USA have never even held a gun. Please don't get me wrong, I am not implying that the UK, France or any other European Nation is less free and open than we are. But, we never really had serious tangible threats here on our soil. Until the first attack on the WTC.

It may only just now be sinking in, that this level of security should have always been in place. It's a sad testament to religion that so many young minds can be twisted into this kind of hate. Hatred so intense they would commit suicide to hurt us. As the line in "The Two Towers" goes (hopefully correctly quoted)...

"How can a man fight such reckless hate?"

It is so very hard to understand that kind of rage. What drives an man to do things like this? How could they square it within thier own mind? How can they justify this kind of action?

Tom Clancy has read the Bible, Koran and the Tora. His opinion was that they say basically the same thing. There are passages in the Koran that specifically forbids the killing of non-combatants, women and children. So how can any Muslim consider the killing of the innocent a holy act? I quess I just don't understand. If any of you ever figure this out, let me know will you?
Old 02-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Two men have been arrested 'as a precaution' near Heathrow's perimeter fence and part of Gatwick airport has been evacuated for security reasons.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-13-2003, 12:57 PM   #23
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Two men have been arrested 'as a precaution' near Heathrow's perimeter fence and part of Gatwick airport has been evacuated for security reasons.
Here is a link about the two airports in London. Rumor has it a grenade was found in some luggage. The London police aren't commenting.
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=2224269