Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 02:42 PM   #11
Grojlach
Zartan

Maybe this could be helpful as well. There's a special D&D forum over at ENWorld for players looking for other players and DM's. Might be interesting for you.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:03 PM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Ignore DK's dress like an Elf idea, it sucked [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QB]
When David Wanted to arrange a D&D game while he was down here he wore the same bright blue sports jesey EVERY DAY for like a month... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I dont think that played any part in it but I'm just saying it might have some sort of odd tie-in. Like I got Others into the idea by wearing a bright yellow shirt [img]tongue.gif[/img] It just draws attention to you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 03:39 PM   #13
The Cavalier
Manshoon

Thanks Grojlach, that's a pretty good link.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
ask the gaming store owner if you could put up a flier looking for a game. Chances are other people are in the same situtation
Most D&D-type shop owners will at least have a bulletin board for people to post phone numbers and interests. Give it a whirl.

For me, in a larger area (Chicago) what worked best was going online. I like Ravenloft, so I went to the Kargatane website run by WoTC and met my current gaiming group on a board there inside of a week - even though they're an hour away on the IL/WI border.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #15
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Ignore DK's dress like an Elf idea, it sucked [img]tongue.gif[/img]
When David Wanted to arrange a D&D game while he was down here he wore the same bright blue sports jesey EVERY DAY for like a month... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I dont think that played any part in it but I'm just saying it might have some sort of odd tie-in. Like I got Others into the idea by wearing a bright yellow shirt [img]tongue.gif[/img] It just draws attention to you [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]If i wore a bright yellow shirt ar9ound places people around here wouldn't game with me because tehy would think I am fruity.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #16
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Here is another idea: try the closest college and see if there are any players there. It was the college setting in the late 1970s that got the PnP D&D craze going in the first place. Make sure, though, that the DM is one that you would want to play under OR the group of people are ones you would enjoy interacting with because the DM and Party members are critical to game play and enjoyability.