Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

A lot of posts on another thread seemed to be steering towards the topic of gun control. I am squarely against it...
Old 12-23-2002, 08:21 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Draten-Master of Fire and Ice:
A lot of posts on another thread seemed to be steering towards the topic of gun control. I am squarely against it...
Just what we need, another gun control thread. Seems like most discussions on IW these days degenerate into gun control arguments. Count me out of this one.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:44 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Just what we need, another gun control thread. Seems like most discussions on IW these days degenerate into gun control arguments. Count me out of this one.[/QUOTE]Sorry, man, just thought I'd try to save the Muslim thread from doing just that OKWU?

Slater...
Old 12-23-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Just what we need, another gun control thread. Seems like most discussions on IW these days degenerate into gun control arguments. Count me out of this one.[/QUOTE]Sorry, man, just thought I'd try to save the Muslim thread from doing just that OKWU?

Slater...
[/QUOTE]No sweat of my nose, in fact I'm sure there's a few people that would love to dive head first into a good ol' gun control debate, just not me. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. A few months back, it seemed like every second topic was about gun control.
The one thing I learned about these particular topics is that most people are quite fanatical about their views, more so than any other. I suppose it's an integrated part of American society, and not living with the American Constitution I find it difficult to understand.

Cheers,
Old 12-23-2002, 09:47 PM   #5
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

He has the right idea - if enough people get it off their chests in this thread, then maybe the other threads won't stray as much. You don't have to join in yourself.

I'm square against gun control - disarming people (ie, living and fear and so attempting to render others impotent) doesn't solve anything, and ultimately won't make you any safer. It just means criminals will have less opposition when committing crimes.

I'd stick around, but my sister and her litter are here and I'm expecting the rest of the family anytime soon.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

[ 12-23-2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]
Old 12-23-2002, 09:58 PM   #6
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
He has the right idea - if enough people get it off their chests in this thread, then maybe the other threads won't stray as much. You don't have to join in yourself.

I'm square against gun control - disarming people (ie, living and fear and so attempting to render others impotent) doesn't solve anything, and ultimately won't make you any safer. It just means criminals will have less opposition when committing crimes.

I'd stick around, but my sister and her litter are here and I'm expecting the rest of the family anytime soon.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you also!!!

And yes: taking away our guns will solve nothing...as I said before in the Muslim thread the criminals will still have THIER guns because laws ONLY bind those who are willing to OBEY them or those who fear punishment.

No big deal, Animal, I try not to get all spun up about stuff (and try not to spin up others also!).
Old 12-23-2002, 10:50 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Draten, I'm going to ask you to be sure this stays on an even keel, and avoids any overheating. It is Christmas in two days and I don't think any of us want a flamewar at any time, but especially not just now. I think Animal is just voicing his opinion about the many times we've had such threads and often a few posters go over the top.

So keep it civil and try to remember that your mods want to celebrate the holidays, not close threads! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 11:06 PM   #8
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Draten, I'm going to ask you to be sure this stays on an even keel, and avoids any overheating. It is Christmas in two days and I don't think any of us want a flamewar at any time, but especially not just now. I think Animal is just voicing his opinion about the many times we've had such threads and often a few posters go over the top.

So keep it civil and try to remember that your mods want to celebrate the holidays, not close threads! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Close it then, Cloudy! I just remembered that it's not a good idea to remind people about guns during this season!!!

And Merry Christmas to you!!!
Old 12-23-2002, 11:11 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]smile.gif[/img] Ok, but if you want it opened up later,let me know, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!