Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2002, 07:36 PM   #21
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

What I really want to know....

what all truly inquiring minds have to know is....

Do you guys(and gals) really say, "Throw another shrimp on the barby?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

BTW, I'm from Norf Caroliner, and we do say, "I got me some chicken fried steak, now pass the tater salad and biscuits."
Old 12-15-2002, 07:46 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Well no [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Mostly because we call them prawns

Dunno nothing about the Outback Steakhouse, never heard of it. What I do find kinda baffling is the so-called 'aussie' pizza that most pizza chains have on the menus here (pizza hut and so on). Apparently what's Aussie about it is that it has egg on it. Someone Australian explain this please
Old 12-15-2002, 07:47 PM   #23
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

BTW, I'm from Norf Caroliner, and we do say, "I got me some chicken fried steak, now pass the tater salad and biscuits."
The powers that be are attempting to change this to "Throw another refugee in the lockup!"
Old 12-15-2002, 07:53 PM   #24
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Well no [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Mostly because we call them prawns

Dunno nothing about the Outback Steakhouse, never heard of it. What I do find kinda baffling is the so-called 'aussie' pizza that most pizza chains have on the menus here (pizza hut and so on). Apparently what's Aussie about it is that it has egg on it. Someone Australian explain this please
Yeah, that's odd. Perhaps it comes from the milk bar burger tradition of pineapple, beetroot, egg, bacon (don't they usually have bacon as well?), and whatever else they could find to whack on it... you know, a couple of Peter Jacksons, a mars bar, some chicken feathers or the sole that just fell off their shoe... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2002, 05:35 AM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:

Are you trying to come the raw prawn with me mate - do ya wanna go do ya - huh, huh, do ya .
Old 12-16-2002, 10:18 AM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
Im waiting for the chance to try Ruths Cris steak house some time.
Well , come on up to NY , magik. We can get some local IW folks together and hit the one over in lincoln Center.[/QUOTE]Hey Hunter I was just up in NY [img]smile.gif[/img] not the city though, some back woods secure data facility near Yonkers. I might actually get to come up again soon, Colleen is a big fan of the city and wants to visit and do some shopping. Soooo, mayhap we do the steak thing some time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2002, 10:21 AM   #27
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"Throw another shrimp on the barby" is a phrase coined by hollywood execs. You're far more likely to hear "buuuuuuurrrrrp! hic! wench, my beersh empchty!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
I try to avoid steakhouses after hearing about a woman who was infected with herpes after sending her steak back to the kitchen because the garlic sauce tasted funny (ewww). It happened at a Lonestar steakhouse in Aus.(the American equiv. of Outback?).
We have Lonestar Steakhouse here, but I really find it hard to belive that you can catch herpes from a steak[/QUOTE]I think it is 100% impossible to catch herpes from a steak. You will catch it, however, if you complain and send it back to the kitchen to be masturba- sorry, Marinated.

Needless to say, i don't go to Lonestar.

BTW, Is there a chain of restaurants in the US called 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"?

[ 12-16-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
Old 12-16-2002, 11:55 AM   #28
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
I try to avoid steakhouses after hearing about a woman who was infected with herpes after sending her steak back to the kitchen because the garlic sauce tasted funny (ewww). It happened at a Lonestar steakhouse in Aus.(the American equiv. of Outback?).
Urban legend for sure. Herpes viruses are contracted through the lesions, not the "other stuff" your story refers to. They also would not live in the environment on a hot cooked seasoned steak for long. Finally, genital herpes can generally only be contracted genitally. Oral infections of HS2 are known, but very rare. HS2 is specialized to hide in a neve ganglia in the lower spine. HS1 (cold sores) are specialized to hide in a nerve ganglia by the inner ear. This is how they avoid being wiped out by the immune system.