Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 09:51 AM   #11
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I think it's important for the teacher to know well what they teach (of course). And also that when they don't know something (or are wrong), that they admit it. And not like one of the teachers I had... Whenever you asked her something more complicated, and she didn't know, she never admitted it, but she went all nasty and made you make a paper about it. So in the end nobody asked her anything anymore.
The good teachers I had were those that didn't speak as if they were reading from the book, and that knew how to explain some things in different ways, and not only saying one explanation over and over. But that if you didn't understand their explanation, they'd try to explain it in a different way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-23-2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 11-23-2002, 09:55 AM   #12
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I like teachers that I like. I realize that makes no sense at all... Well, teahcers who I like teach well. Teach the people who like them well, anyway. If you like a teacher then you will probably listen to him, and not throw food at him. (That's only happened once though, and the food wasn't aimed at the teacher anyway. But the kid had bad aim) It might not work for everyone though, but it's a techer's best shot if they aren't very strong willed. Like my math teacher. She is really nice and I like her, but she tries to put her foot down on breaking the rules, which really doesn't work.

Teacher: That sweater is a non-uniform item!
Mean student: So? I'm wearing it.
Teacher: (silence) ... (continues to write on blackboard)

One particularly mean kid has been late almost every day, but the teacher is afraid to send him down to the office. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:57 AM   #13
dragon_lord
Elminster

I have to say knowing you stuff is very important. I have a chemistry/physics teacher that has to read her 'How To be A Good Teacher's Guide Volume 3' before each lesson so she can then try to explain stuff to us. If she doesnt know alot about it, how can she explain it to us? The physics teacher I had at the start of the year loves science and knows alot about it. He is enthusiastic and has this way of explaining things that make it interesting. Its a good thing I have him next year for year 12, it makes learning alot easier by having a good teacher.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
Old 11-23-2002, 09:24 PM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

one thing is important: patience

LOTS of patience. trust me, I've seen so many teachers get impatient and throws stuff at their yound students.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #15
SomeGuy
Unicorn

The best teacher must be kind,but can still be strict when she needs to be.She needs to keep up with the styles and listen to the music we do and talk like us.She needs to have brains.She needs to be funny.She needs to asign the right amount of work and only give out homework every once and awhile.She must not smoke.She must help students with their work.She must be patient.(the reason I use she is becuz most of meh teacher are women.)
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-23-2002, 09:34 PM   #16
LennonCook
Jack Burton

One who can make the students learn the work without refering them to this or that page of the text book.
Old 11-23-2002, 11:11 PM   #17
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I never could stand the teachers that spent half the class time talking about sports or movies or anything that didn't in some way relate to the class subject. Teachers are supposed to teach, not try to be popular.
My favorite teacher taught us what we were supposed to be learning in that (biology/anatomy & physiology) class. He was strict but fair, made most of the study material himself from books that he owned and some of our tests involved identifying real bones and artificial body parts instead of pictures from the book. He would wait til class was over or during study breaks to call a student up to his desk and offer help. And he had some really cool things in jars!
In the end, when he retired, everyone said he was really tough but they still liked his classes. I hope my son will have teachers that are that good at what they do.