Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 02:23 AM   #11
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
well you do know that Java and C++ are cousins...
Distant ones, though.
When I was in school they made me write software in Fortran77. Urgh ! Still have that moth-decay taste in my mouth when I think about it [img]smile.gif[/img]
I don't touch C++ unless there is a *really* good reason to. And I wonder what's wrong with non-programmers that (try to) manage programmers. They hear somwhere that anything can be done with c++ & they here somwhere else that xlm is a good thing. Then you have get a project for a database front-end and the STRONG reccomendation from upstairs is that we should use C++ combined with Xlm. And then ... well ... then IT'S time to go berserk [img]smile.gif[/img]

Neuro.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:53 AM   #12
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
well here i would post my code here so people could confuse themselves but it says html code error, doesn't allow parenthasis on my o well thank for the help, it works. I knew it would just coudn't figure out how to put it into code thanks.
[code] code goes here [/code]

[ 11-22-2002, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 11-22-2002, 08:14 AM   #13
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

They have much in common, but I can only handle Java, so you must know it better.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:36 PM   #14
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Ok here is my code, it's probably not effecient. It doesn't output what i want exactly the way i wanted it to. But it meets the teachers requirements so [img]tongue.gif[/img] here it is. Feel free to confuse yourself with it

code:
 //This program was written by Chris Nance
//It was last modified on 11/21/02

#include <iostream>
#include <cstring>
#include <fstream>

using namespace std;
//this function reverses the order of the charecters in the string
void reverse(char input[],char output[])
{
int len= strlen(input)-1;
for( int i = 0; input[i] != '\0' && i <= len; i++)
{
output[len - i] = input[i];
}
output[++len] = '\0';
}

//this fuction checks the two strings created from reverse to see if they are equal
bool pal1(char input[])
{
char misarray[40];
reverse(input,misarray);
return (stricmp(misarray, input)==0);

}
//this funcion checks the first and last place of a string to see if they are the same.
bool pal2 (char input[], int len)
{
bool result;
int i;
result = true;
for (i = 0; i < len; i++)
{
if (input[i] != input[ len - i])
{
result = false;
}
}
return result;
}
/*this is the main funcion, it opens and outputs to/from files,
and sends the strings into the functions to tell wheather it is a palindrome or not*/
void main()
{
ifstream input;
ofstream output;
char strinput[40];
int len;

input.open ("strings.txt");
if ( input.fail())
{
cout << "error opening input file";
exit(0);
}