Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 06:13 AM   #1
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

It's past bedtime and there are aliens slithering around in the night. They begin as blips on a screen that pulse louder and louder with every step they take closer to you. Your flashlight begins to waver and that's when you feel their black claws tearing through the air at your eyes.

You react. You pull the trigger on your pulse rifle..... but nothing happens because the freakin' power in your neighborhood has gone out! But just before you realize what is going on, just before you come back to reality; when you are still locked in that moment of dreadful suspense -- your mind screams out, "AHHHH! JUMPING JESUS! TURN THE LIGHTS BACK ON!"

Yes, that happened to me last night folks. Suffice to say, I'll no longer be playing Aliens vs Predator 2 during a thunderstorm. Goodnight.

:faints:
Old 11-15-2002, 06:18 AM   #2
Manwe
Manshoon

LOL, haven't tried AvP2 yet, i have played AvP and that was really scary, i wonder how AvP2 is then.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:24 AM   #3
J_E_G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

AvP2 is much better thatn the original as its got a decent story and Cut Scenes, (and it actually possible to complete the Marine levels on the hardest difficulty, something I never managed on AvP). However where it excels is in Multi-Player, nothing beats decapitating your best friend with a well aimed head bite!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:35 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

AvP left mental scars on me. Its that good. Predator and Alien are ntohing special - you are playingone of the most dangerous creatures in the known universe, and your main opponent is the humble marine. Not hard.

Playing as a marine though is something else. Scared is good. Brave is dead.

AvP2 got worse reviews that AvP, but Im still planning on getting it one of these days.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:42 AM   #5
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Heartless Butterscotch:
when you are still locked in that moment of dreadful suspense -- your mind screams out, "AHHHH! JUMPING JESUS! TURN THE LIGHTS BACK ON!"

Yes, that happened to me last night folks. Suffice to say, I'll no longer be playing Aliens vs Predator 2 during a thunderstorm. Goodnight.

:faints:
Hahahahaha [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Sorry, but you made my day [img]smile.gif[/img] So, I'm not the only one, eh...
Did anyone play Undying ? The game itself (w/o thunderstorms) game me a couple of good starts [img]smile.gif[/img]

Neuro
Old 11-15-2002, 07:10 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've never played it but I can sure picture you there with the flashlight! LOL
Old 11-15-2002, 07:51 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

Oh I love AvP1, never been as scared playing a computer game like when I played as the marine...

But any way, when I watched The Mummy for the first time I was sitting alone in my bedroom in the middle of the night and when they had just woken up the mummy and it was following Brendan Frasier around the tomb... not very scary but a little tense... I knew a jumper was about to happen and was prepared for it... BUT THEN a lightning cracked down somewere close to my house and a roaring thunder followed... my window was open so I got it in double surround sterio... I swear I almost %&/( my pants... I mean I was prepared for a jump but wow. Not like this... [img]smile.gif[/img]

And the ironic thing was that Lightnings happen here in Iceland about once every few years... this was 3 years ago and I still havn't seen one since... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2002, 08:31 AM   #8
Deathbringer

hehe AVP is sick! Freaky playing the Marine at night, like you said. Plus I have a surround-sound stereo hooked up to my pc, so I can hear noise all around me. Freaks me out at times [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2002, 08:56 PM   #9
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Question Mark

Note to selfo not play alien vs predator during a thunderstorm.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi