Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, so I can't stop playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. So I went and bought RCT2 yesterday, and I was just wondering, what everyone thought was the best Theme Park and/or ride in the world that they have experianced!

Being English, I've only ever done the famed Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers...(The Big One & Nemesis). Never been to a 6 Flags or Disney (oh, been to Euro Disney).

Anyone?
Old 10-23-2002, 05:36 PM   #2
Lox
Manshoon

I found Six Flags Magic Mountain very fun when I visit SoCal a couple of years ago. They have a coaster that supposedly was the first in the world or country to have a loop in it. The coaster is built on the side of a hill, and the lead up to the loop is built on the ground, going down the side of the hill. Because the loop is a circle rather than a tear drop, I think the cars have to go faster. The result is the downhill section before the loop is really long (longer than similar sections on other coasters). Plus you are right next to the ground so the sensation of speed is great.

Probably my all time favorite (because I first road it as a kid) is Space Mountain at Disneyland. Being in near total darkness adds a lot to a mediocre coaster. (it doesn't have any inversions)
Old 10-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL. Simply awsome, especially the Hulk Coaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 10-23-2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 10-23-2002, 05:56 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

AH Eurodisney! The only place where you can find authentic native french tumbleweeds!

No seriously I saw some in Future World! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway... Yeah... Europe... hrrmm... I dont recall any "great" theme parks there either... but I do recall Fantasialand, and that was fun, and Lego Land was cool in Denmark and um that's about it...

Yeah...

In the US there's Dollywood, and ... that's not too great... an Disney world... and that's too crowded... and ... Six Flags... and that's ok... And um... Universal... though they're kind of old... and um... uh... disney LAND... which is also pretty lame... and um... The space needle has a roller coaster on it I think... yeah... that's... err... Bush Gardens.... pretty... ok... and um... Wet n' wild... though now they're goign out of business.... err

Maybe we should all just go spend some time at some... local... natural... parks... yeah... that sounds like a good idea...

Cuba has a themepark! Though you have to have a paintball gun to get in [img]tongue.gif[/img]