Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 05:38 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I know that everyone is out there just itching to show appreciation to the mighty Warnie (Shane Warne) for another devastating man of the match performance in the first test against Pakistan .

Has anyone seen Donut by the way
Old 10-07-2002, 07:18 AM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I assume it is Cricket your talking about.

Sorry I only know the game from Doug Adams' A Hitchhickers Guide to The Universe books and it does not mention Warnie.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:15 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:

Sorry I only know the game from Doug Adams' A Hitchhickers Guide to The Universe books and it does not mention Warnie.
Yes, it is cricket that the thread is about - or fishing - or something or other . That was well picked up by the way Warhammer - I don't expect they play much cricket in your neck of the woods.

For your information, Warnie is an Aussie cricket icon, and 18 months ago when I first met Donut he was telling me how he was too old and too fat and just plain no bloody good. Only yesterday my good pal was sweating on an Aussie humiliation against Pakistan, but a class team usually finds a way to get the job done.

Bring on the battle for the Ashes (or should that be turn up for the cakewalk)
Old 10-07-2002, 08:49 AM   #4
Anarion

cricket is much fun!!!!!!!!!11

Old 10-07-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:

No , these books were written when the Aussies were crap , and you couldn't extract a cricket conversation from an Aussie unless you used a stump, a bit like a beer nowdays. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 04:27 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

For your information, Warnie is an Aussie cricket icon, and 18 months ago when I first met Donut he was telling me how he was too old and too fat and just plain no bloody good.
You know yesterday I was watching the cricket online in my brother's office and Warnie was onscreen, and for a minute I thought it was the Bat! So trim and athletic he's looking lately

Mark Waugh seems to have managed to escape the axe AGAIN [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] . And frankly what Lee's still doing in the side is beyond me.
Old 10-07-2002, 04:37 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I'm not saying anything for fear of repercussions against my beloved kiwi team
Old 10-09-2002, 04:35 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hello Lanesra - nice to see you are taking an interest in the Aussie Cricket Team [img]smile.gif[/img] - I don't recall that it took a stump to get me to buy a round - I thought I got in fairly early .

Aelia - you're right - Warnie is looking the trimmest I have ever seen him - I think he has a few more 10 wicket hauls in front of him during the upcoming Ashes series
Old 10-09-2002, 11:08 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Donut's disappeared...

Old 10-09-2002, 05:11 PM   #10
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hello Lanesra - nice to see you are taking an interest in the Aussie Cricket Team [img]smile.gif[/img] - I don't recall that it took a stump to get me to buy a round - I thought I got in fairly early .

Aelia - you're right - Warnie is looking the trimmest I have ever seen him - I think he has a few more 10 wicket hauls in front of him during the upcoming Ashes series
Artistic licence. [img]smile.gif[/img]