Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 06:12 AM   #11
PeaceMaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL....well I put the claim on myself being the biggest waco of them all....cause I talk to my animal all the time: [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ......heheheheheheh she is a guinea pig and her name is wuzzles.....however..... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] she has never spoken back to me....Am I doin something Wrong perhaps......LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 08-02-2002, 06:21 AM   #12
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceMaker:
LOL....well I put the claim on myself being the biggest waco of them all....cause I talk to my animal all the time: [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ......heheheheheheh she is a guinea pig and her name is wuzzles.....however..... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] she has never spoken back to me....Am I doin something Wrong perhaps......LOLOLOLOLOL
You're no wacko! I think everyone who has a pet talks to them, but none of us seriously claim that our pets talk back through a mental or psychic link. There really is a BIG difference. We treat our pets like a part of the family and we do feel they understand us when we talk to them. We also don't charge other people to talk to their pets or run classes to teach others how it's done!

BTW Peacemaker, welcome to the forum! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 08-02-2002, 08:03 AM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I have to agree with you there, Mark...the people who actually PAY for these services are more out of whack than those who claim to be able to perform these 'miraculous feats' of telepathy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

They are as bad the "Miss Cleo"s out there...and the people who pay people like her are the ones who see Pet Psychics! [img]tongue.gif[/img] No...I like LadyZ's word better: Psychos! LOLOL

People like this on both sides just...frighten me...

[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:23 PM   #14
Moni

I have an extremely good rapport with animals but I do depend more on the animal's movements and the tone of the sounds it makes to judge what I think the animal is feeling and I am usually right. There is more to just the outward expressions though. Although I can't claim that I can actually hear an animal thinking, I am aware on a deeper level of what is going through the critter's lil brain.

I had a black cat once that I could "call" without making any audible sound.
All I had to do was think of her name and she would open her eyes if she was sleeping or look at me like I was nuts (if I "yelled" her name as I was thinking it) or she would come indoors, come to me, etc. etc.
I thought it was insane and put it to the test for weeks until I picked up that the cat thought I was stupid for not understanding it lol. After I stopped testing it and acceptied it, it was all good.
I am the same way with my "Sweety Pie" (another black cat). I do not have to make audible noises in order to get his attention and he conveys some really deep feelings himself. He's a totally lovable and good cat (much like the other one) and loves everyone and everything around him...I think that has a lot to do with the higher level of communication that this lady is trying to get across to others (a higher level of love). The day I hear any of them though is the day I look for professional help.

I also used to hand-feed the wild squirrels that lived in my yard in AZ.
One day I was feeding the momma and thought how cool it would be if I could pick her up and pet her like a cat and she took off like a bat out of hell, stopping about 7 or 8 feet away before turning back around to face me. I could tell that she was frightened and that she didn't want me touching her, especially picking her up! When I dismissed the idea of picking her up and "thought" to her that she was safe from me touching her, she came back.
I think animals can pick up on a lot more than we give them credit for.

[ 08-16-2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-16-2002, 06:51 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think people know thier own pets, or animals they are familiar with. And I think the pets know them. I had a collie who hated to be taken on rides. I would tell my roommate I'm taking Cricket (her name) to work today and she knew what it meant and would hide lol. When she got to the job she loved it but hated the ride! Took a humongous crap on the seat of my truck once to prove it to me! There went that seat cover! Shes the smartest and most resourceful dog I ever had or knew. She lives with my buddy in Colorado now, and is getting old but she is happy [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'm thinking of getting a dog now, perhaps a beagle. I dont like mean dogs, I dont have kids but would feel terrible if I had a dog that mauled a child or anyone else. Anyway back to subject I think you can tell what a dog is thinking, but only because you know him or its obvious-i.e. that dog wants to bite me lol As far as someone being able to do the Doc Doolittle...if someone is stupid enough to pay money then I'll tell them whatever thier dog/cat/pet is saying verbatim LOL
Old 08-16-2002, 06:55 PM   #16
AliCat
Drow Warrior

I did get a book about communicating with animals in which the author suggests that we can telepathically communicate with animals, but that you have to do it in pictures, not words.

I've been trying to think at my cats: "Don't jump on the kitchen counter!", but it never works.

I think there is a possibility that some people have this type of ability and are more sensitive to animals' telepathic thoughts than other folks' are; in other words, I don't discount this ability entirely. There's still soooooo much we don't know about our brains and the world around us. I can't rule it out entirely (besides, I've had enough episodes of deja vu and weird coincidences and "picking up on radio signals" that I do think some telepathy is possible, or perhaps the brain has the ability to decipher other waveforms than sound and light).

So, Mark, am I a crackpot?
Old 08-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
I've been trying to think at my cats: "Don't jump on the kitchen counter!", but it never works.

Mine don't jump on the kitchen counters anymore! They know what the words "get down from there!" mean lol.

Old 08-16-2002, 07:17 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Alicats a crackpot Alicats a crackpot [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2002, 07:57 PM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
So, Mark, am I a crackpot?
Ooops! I think I'm in BIG trouble now!

I'm sorry Ali.

Mark