Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 06:22 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Nothing funny about it all.

Move along...nothing here to see!

Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
war solves NOTHING
killing solves NOTHING
violence solves NOTHING

Israel and Palestine, however, are too far gone to see that IMO
And especially

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
I wish people would stop the "lets kill them all" postings...
I couldn't agree more. Thanks... at least some people still make sense to me...
Old 07-24-2002, 06:44 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
man, the world and its people are idiots. here is why:

the palistinians have been suicide bombing innocent people in israel for years. dozens of innocent israeli's have died from their cowardice. they talk about how "we are right, israel is wrong" etc. then, when israel attacks THEM, and kills a major figure in the enemies terrorist network, they are condemned for killing innocent people and children, by the very SAME people who have been doing it to them for years. i say good on em'. im just WAITING to see who whines and cries when we kill bin laden or something. im KNOW there will be a large group of people who put us down too. ah, the world of the liberal. its so darn grand!!!!
Yeah - killing children is GOOD!!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-24-2002, 06:47 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

I notice the USMC in your sig Morgan - were you ever in the armed forces?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-24-2002, 06:57 AM   #14
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Alright, Israel bombed that block of flats, why? Because they wanted to kill a lead figure in the fanatical suicide bombings, right? Well, how will this help?!? If anything, they have created even more tension. They think that this guy is planning it all. HELLO!!! The hardest planning you need in a suicide bomber's mission is where to get the explosives, and with that whole area being a hotbed of war for years, even that isn't a hard task. Planning a location is very easy, ANYWHERE where there's people. Even if the bomber is cornered by police, he can still set it off. Israel believe they have struck well in killing this man. I do not.
There wil always be another fanatic willing to put his life on the line. Always. It's scary, but true.
Oh, BTW, they will not execute Bin Laden and make it a big thing. This would strike him out as a martyr (s/p). They will shoot him on sight, IMHO.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #15
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I notice the USMC in your sig Morgan - were you ever in the armed forces?
yes, im a Marine. im a Marine, because im patriotic, and feel that my country needs protection from those who would do it harm. i too wish there could be peace, but most of the lunatics in the world wont allow it. if America didnt interveen in the world, the lunatics would get larger numbers, and do ALOT more damage than they allready do. im not trying to sound biased, yes, im an infantryman in the Marines, but i dont like violence any more than the next person. it just urks me to hear people condemn us for our retaliatory attacks. the same people i might add, who loved us in WWII for helping them out. yeah, they declared war on US, and so did bin laden. so why condemn us for fighting a WAR that was declared on us FIRST!? we are defending ourselves, and have every right to do so. i say to HELL with those who dont like us. if America were to drop out of the U.N., the world would truly see how much America helps out. i kinda wish that would happen, just for a year. that should shine some light in this world.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-24-2002, 01:44 PM   #16
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
"man, the world and its people are idiots. here is why"
So if people dont support your view they are idiots? In that case I must be a stark raving mad lunatic who wouldnt know one Bush from another.

Quote:
the palistinians have been suicide bombing innocent people in israel for years.
These people have a name....fanatics. Please make a distinction when talking about this as we dont want to accuse an entire nation of wanting to blow themselves to hell and back.

Quote:
dozens of innocent israeli's have died from their cowardice. they talk about how "we are right, israel is wrong" etc.
Dozens of innocent Palestinians have died, a lot of Israelis talk about how "We are right, Palestine is wrong" etc.

Quote:
then, when israel attacks THEM, and kills a major figure in the enemies terrorist network, they are condemned for killing innocent people and children, by the very SAME people who have been doing it to them for years.
The Israel army has killed innocent people and children, because they happened to also get key personnel doesnt change the fact many others were killed in that process by the very SAME people who have been taking over their land for years.

Quote:
i say good on em'. im just WAITING to see who whines and cries when we kill bin laden or something. im KNOW there will be a large group of people who put us down too. ah, the world of the liberal. its so darn grand!!!!
I don't say good on them, anything done to prolong this is a mistake. Im just WAITING to see who Bush wants to invade next, maybe take on the rest of the "axis of evil"? I KNOW there will be a large group of people who will put you down for that. Ah the world of the Republican, its so darn grand!!
[/QUOTE]my mom always said, "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all", so.......NO comment.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-24-2002, 02:02 PM   #17
Mojo
Elminster

You could always look at this a different way, and be more open-minded. There is a chance, albeit very small, that Bin Laden has nothing to do with the things he was accused of, it could all be propoganda. He could just be a near-nobody who pissed off some important American, and when the things he was blamed for happened, he was a perfect candidate for blame. We only know what we've been told by the media, and we blindly belive most of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that a major problem in Nazi Germany? that the people belived what they were being told?

(If I'm blatantly wrong about things I've said in this post, I'll happily change them, I know I know little of the topics.)
Old 07-24-2002, 02:42 PM   #18
Lord Shield

if the US hadn't been intervening, Bin Laden's little lot would not have STARTED their reign of terror

they wanted to make a point that the US should stay OUT o ftheir affairs after all

and "killing" him will achieve sod all. There will always be a replacement

Old 07-24-2002, 03:21 PM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
My mom always said, "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all", so.......NO comment.
Novel
Outburst

Censured
Objectivity &
Minimum
Morality
Equals
No
Tolerance

I seem to be out of the latter as well..........

[ 07-24-2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 07-24-2002, 03:25 PM   #20
Lord Shield

This is where Patriotism of that kind will lead to:

Patriotism