Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2002, 05:21 PM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
maybe i'm not getting the point, but why does everyone think of the US as the only superpower left in the world ? Russia may not be the Sovjet union anymore, but they still have an army nobody wants to mess with, and they got nukes. Doesn't that make Russia a superpower ? And what about China ? They got nukes too and can bring at least 10 times as many footsoldiers into battle than the US. imo that makes them a superpower too. Or am i missing something here ?
"Everyone" doesn't.

I don't for a start. Neither do you.

I see the EU as a superpower, and China as one as well.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-09-2002, 05:25 PM   #22
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Once again we see a "serious" thread descend into little more than thinly veiled taunting. I am beginning to despair - whenever I see phrases like "straw man" and "ad hominem" it's a sure sign that two or more people who, I am sure, consider themselves to be posessors of reasonable intellects have resorted to the "yah boo" school of debating.

It's not big and it's not clever. It's also getting this thread locked. I am sorry for any others who want to contribute to a sensible debate on this topic - feel free to start another thread on the subject.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)