Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2002, 01:23 AM   #11
Moni

Ziroc,
I know what you mean when you say no words can explain it...I was on my way to the dentist's office when the attacks took place and there to see the towers collapse while I waited for my appointment.
It shook me when the first tower started to fall.
Everyone else watching was asking what was happening and it was me that told them "It's coming down, the tower is collapsing."
I didn't think I was really THAT shaken but for a whole week I couldn't think of anything much beyond the lives that were lost and the fact that it played out live on television. I flunked tests in school and missed a couple of days because I was out of sorts.
It was a horrible tragedy, one that should never be played out again and I pray for the world that it doesn't.
I was a bit cynical about the patriotism and the flag flying because people seem to be so ready to jump on whatever bandwagon is popular. I don't know about east of the Mississippi, but here in the west, things have pretty much gone back to the way they were before 9/11...people are still rude and no one really cares about anything beyond their own front door. Let's hope something like what happened in NYC doesn't have to happen everywhere for people to change their tunes for good.
I did not watch the closing ceremonies of the clean-up efforts. In my eyes, that ceremony was for those who participated, those who lost their family members and those who were so touched by the tragedy that they had to keep up with all that went on concerning it. I do not fit into any of the above categories. Yes, I was horrified when it happened, but I also saw the commraderie of the City of New York and of emergency personnell across the country who left their homes to go lend a helping hand. By that, I was deeply touched and I knew it was all going to be OK. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2002, 01:58 AM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

It was on the news here a while ago about people who had a design to replace the towers with one tower. The tower would be the tallest in the world, and also be plane-proof.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 05-31-2002, 02:00 AM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
It was on the news here a while ago about people who had a design to replace the towers with one tower. The tower would be the tallest in the world, and also be plane-proof.
I think rebuilding it as tall is a bad idea...its just asking for more trouble.
How do they plan on making a building "plane proof"? (if you know) It just seems impossible to me.