Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I just rememberd this dream and it has puzzled me for about a week now. And i dreampt this BEFORE i saw Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi.

I dreamt that i was in the laundry room of my old house and i was riding one of those speeder things that Luke used on the planet. And then when i got off of it an Eewok climbed on and started riding it. Then a Stormtrooper came in and started blasting them. Suddenly I was Darth Vader and I was commanding them around. Then Luke came in and took my head off with his Lightsaber and I woke up.

I had thought nothing of it and i forgot about it until now when i was watching starwars.

BTW...After the dream, about a year later, i saw Star Wars. All 3 of em. At home. In my townhouse. In Grande Prairie.

Wierd eh?
Old 04-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Cmon guys! I'm bedaffled by this!
Old 04-19-2002, 03:32 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I've had wierdly many Deja Vu experiences, I don't think that any of them are necessarily TRUE Deja Vu's(Something that you've seen before and which is then seen again and resembles so much that it confuses the brain for a while.), but perhaps it's just that something in my brain goes haywire and causes me to THINK that I've seen something that resembles it eerily much before.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:32 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

So are we...
You actually saw the characters in the dream?
Is there any chance you were asleep while the episode was being broadcasted? It could be you picked up the signals. That seems to happen with the radio signals as well, where people think of a song, hum it, turn on the radio and discover the humming fits right in with that of the song...

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 04-19-2002, 04:53 PM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... you hadn't seen any clips from the movies, any commercials, etc? That could have done it...
Old 04-19-2002, 06:32 PM   #6
Moni

Its possible you did dream it all before you saw it.
What significance it has is beyond me though.

I dreamt once that I was walking home from the store with my little brother and his friend and we were talking about our mom's room-mate.

It was a very vivid dream and I remembered in detail the full moon and the way the desert plants showed up so well in the moonlight, not to mention every word of the conversation.

A couple of nights later, I was at the store and my little brother and his friend showed up...we all walked home together...there was a full moon and the desert plants were lit up....his friend started a conversation about our mom's room-mate and it went word for word between them the same as it had in my dream...the only thing different is that before I said what I had to say (what I had said in the dream) I told them about the dream and how the present moments in time were going along exactly as i had dreamt it.
What significance that had was beyond me as well...just though I'd share it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-19-2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 04-19-2002, 06:45 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I think that it is plausible that anyone can dream of things that later actually happen in RL. I do it from time to time, nothing extraordinary, just small normal mundane things, like getting a phone call or finding that ink pen I lost, etc. Who knows really where we "are" when we dream. I dreamt once that I was floating about this place, looked like a fancy hotel hallway. There was a mirror on the wall and I went to look into it and there was no reflection of me in it! Later on in the dream, it got dark and I thought I was outside, was a bit disoriented, saw a figure below me, after a few seconds and focusing, I saw that it was me, in bed, asleep, I even moved slightly. Bout a second or so later I woke up.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-19-2002, 06:59 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Amazing how the mind works... But i'd never even heard of star wars before this.