Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I just downloaded Real Player 8, never had it before, am blown away with the options to listen to radio stations with ease from all over the world. Seems to run and play in the background, I can surf anywhere without interruption while listening, is so cool! Anyway, what I'd like to know, is what radio station do YOU think is good? Tell me where you live and the name of the station so I can search for it!

So far I'm having a blast, listening atm to a UK station, Virgin Radio, cracking up at all the incoming callers to the station and the banter!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-22-2001, 10:19 PM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Destin, FL

TK 101.5 (Pensacola, FL)

I love this option too. I have an ADSL line and can watch videos and everything. Pretty neat. (I have to have music playing while I roam around the net.)

[img]graemlins/1djsmile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rocking2.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2001, 10:51 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Killen,Texas, 107.3 plays Led Zep quite a bit

Austin Texas, 101.5, an alternitive station, I dont eralyl lestion to it that much.

College Station Texas, 103.9, mix of old rock and new rock, prwetty good.

Austin Texas, 93.7, GOOD STATION!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Here in Tampa, Fl. you have 97.1 a rock station,
93.3 there playing techno right now
97.9 another rock station
I have too many to list. Good luck and happy listening
Old 11-23-2001, 12:14 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I just downloaded Real Player 8, never had it before, am blown away with the options to listen to radio stations with ease from all over the world. Seems to run and play in the background, I can surf anywhere without interruption while listening, is so cool! Anyway, what I'd like to know, is what radio station do YOU think is good? Tell me where you live and the name of the station so I can search for it!

So far I'm having a blast, listening atm to a UK station, Virgin Radio, cracking up at all the incoming callers to the station and the banter!

I've been listening to many radio stations since 1995 (When Broadcast.com was audionet.com ) I have listened to Art Bell (A late night radio talk show about UFO's and crazy stuff) since 95 too.. never used a radio (it's usually on AM) and it's always clear. no fading!

Check out www.broadcast.com and do a search.. there are also TV channels like CNN and MSNBC you can listen or watch!

Fun huh!!!!

Old 11-23-2001, 12:23 AM   #6
SecretMaster

For NY, 92.3, k-rock. Awesome rock radio station. Heck, i know everything about them.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:25 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh YES! I listen to radio from Russia! It really is a great program! I've even watched tv feeds from Moscow! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 11-23-2001, 12:37 AM   #8
Debaser

A very good station around the DC metropolitan area (VA/MD/DC) is 89.3....it's a listener supported station, with NPR-like talk radio but a wide variety of music such as jazz, reggae, and world music. i especially like the variety of jazz this station plays...everything from fusion to bebop to ragtime....depends on when you tune in. and the best thing is the lack of commercials.

i seriously doubt you'll be able to get my university's radio station through RealPlayer, but if through some crazy occurence you actually can, it's called 88.7 WXJM. like almost all college radio, there is a very wide variety of stuff that is played (a lot of indie rock and what not, but a whole lot of other stuff as well)...check it out (if you are able to, that is.)
Old 11-23-2001, 05:57 PM   #9
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I have to get some time to check these out..:0 98 rocks... You know that 101 for a few songs also. Smooth jazz when your feeling like it 105.