Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2001, 08:29 AM   #21
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Bah! I hate setting up games...I want complete PnP . I'm taking back PoR2 today and getting Civ3 or Empire Earth (if it's out).
Old 11-19-2001, 06:38 PM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

A bit of a warning to those who want to play Civ3-if your monitor isnt fairly modern and unable to display at least 1064x768 graphics its not going to work. I couldnt play for that reason. So I bought a new monitor screw it. I figure as games progress they'll all be having to have the better resolution anyway. I've only played it a bit but I like it. Very nice graphics/maps, I strarted at intermediate level and pretty much screwed up everything lol. I think a test game on prince level will be in order next [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hopefully they will have a multi-player option soon, I can see theres a few of us here on IW who like to battle [img]smile.gif[/img] Khan, whats Empire Earth about? Strategy or click-n-kill type of game?
Old 11-23-2001, 03:21 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
A bit of a warning to those who want to play Civ3-if your monitor isnt fairly modern and unable to display at least 1064x768 graphics its not going to work. I couldnt play for that reason. So I bought a new monitor screw it. I figure as games progress they'll all be having to have the better resolution anyway. I've only played it a bit but I like it. Very nice graphics/maps, I strarted at intermediate level and pretty much screwed up everything lol. I think a test game on prince level will be in order next [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hopefully they will have a multi-player option soon, I can see theres a few of us here on IW who like to battle [img]smile.gif[/img] Khan, whats Empire Earth about? Strategy or click-n-kill type of game?

The new monitor is a good investment, mate. In case people have been wondering why I haven't been around much, I've been trying to take over the world...with culture...

The new trading and diplomacy options are much better, too. Also, the size of your army no longer has an impact on happiness - it's whether or not you're at war all the time.

Old 11-23-2001, 05:28 AM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

The new monitor is a good investment, mate. In case people have been wondering why I haven't been around much, I've been trying to take over the world...with culture...

The new trading and diplomacy options are much better, too. Also, the size of your army no longer has an impact on happiness - it's whether or not you're at war all the time.

Actually I HAD wondered where you had been and now I know! I wish I had as much time to really play it. I got in 3 straight hours yesterday though and will be playing a lot finally this weekend.
I agree about the new diplomatic options, very nice! Also I like that colonists are seperate now, you dont lose a worker. I'm not sure I'll be able to do a cultural victory I always tend to get in wars in the Civ games [img]tongue.gif[/img] Have you taken over any foreign cities by culture yet? That would be pretty cool... Good Luck Mario! Anyone else playing Civ3?
Old 11-23-2001, 05:35 AM   #25
KHaN
Drow Warrior

quote:
Khan, whats Empire Earth about? Strategy or click-n-kill type of game?

Well if you have played Age of Empires2 it's somewhat like that. The RTS factor is heavy. Currently the AI cheats it's a$$ off, even on easy...but I like it alot. If they could refine the AI to not being such a resource cheat then I would say strategy, right now it's mostly click-n-kill. Helluva lot of fun though just think AoE2 but with alot better graphics and 10X the options. Civ3 is next on my buy list. I had both (EE & Civ3) at EB...one in each hand That was a tough call.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:00 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

My friend said it rocks... and with that review, it makes me wanna buy it... coz I am currently playing Age of Empires II and kinda getting sick of it... I wonder...
Old 11-23-2001, 06:23 PM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

Have you taken over any foreign cities by culture yet? That would be pretty cool... Good Luck Mario! Anyone else playing Civ3?

Yes I have, and it's pretty cool! As you build more and more cultural improvements your city borders just swell up and envelop them, and eventually they join your side! Eventually the other civ gets sick of it and declares war on you.

Old 11-23-2001, 11:11 PM   #28
KHaN
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
My friend said it rocks... and with that review, it makes me wanna buy it... coz I am currently playing Age of Empires II and kinda getting sick of it... I wonder...

EE is worth the money. It will take you some time to get used to it because it does have some differences than AoE2. You have 14 epochs to go through (from primative age - nano age) All your units can be customized so no one person has the same abilities. It's alot of fun and I'm totally hooked.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:19 AM   #29
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Man this is a tough game! I keep getting my ass kicked! I guess I'd better read the manual and see whats new, old strategies arent working quite as well as they used too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]