Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 09:59 AM   #1
Cocobug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I copied my Portraits folder in IWD to BG2, however it didn't work. I can choose the portraits files when creating a character but all faces show "?". The format is correct I think (110x170x24b .bmp, ended with "L" for large & "S" for small portraits). In IWD it works, just failed here in BG2. Any idea?

My second question... is it possible to change the portrait of a well developed character? I created my character before downloaded some cool portraits... can the BG2 editor like "Shadow-something" (sorry I forgot its name) help?
Old 04-04-2001, 10:31 AM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

you can change the char's portrait directly in bg2 just go to the screen that shows all you stats, there will be a button "customize" which will call up a menu, click portrait, colors, voice, whatever you want to change.

if you want to get more complicated shadowkeeper will let you change your paper doll & all sorts of fun stuff, sometimes it's a litttle quirky - when i treid to chane my monk's doll it switched me to a spider, which was kinda cool but not exactly what i intended.
Old 04-04-2001, 04:12 PM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cocobug:
I copied my Portraits folder in IWD to BG2, however it didn't work. I can choose the portraits files when creating a character but all faces show "?". The format is correct I think (110x170x24b .bmp, ended with "L" for large & "S" for small portraits). In IWD it works, just failed here in BG2. Any idea?
You might want to check the format. The IWD portraits are not the same size as the BG portraits. You can download the IWD portraits formatted for the BG size at many different websites, or you can change the size yourself.

Quote:
My second question... is it possible to change the portrait of a well developed character? I created my character before downloaded some cool portraits... can the BG2 editor like "Shadow-something" (sorry I forgot its name) help?
Shadowkeeper will do this, but you can customize your portraits inside the game. Just click to bring up the personal information screen (the one that tells you THACO, lore, reputation, and such) and click on customize. For portraits, select custom. I think that should do it. Remember that you need to have a Portraits directory created.