Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I am playing a Fighter/Thief. When I had one before, I was able to have both the De'Arnisse Keep and Mae'var's Guild as strongholds (no cheats, they were offered). This time, the keep only.

The only thing I did differently this time was talk to Renal before committing to the Shadow Thieves. Is this the reason, or, was my prior experience a bug?

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 03-12-2001, 12:35 PM   #2
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

I am not sure, it might have been a bug.

But if you still want to have both, you can use SK to set a global variable that indicates if you have already got a stronghold back, before you start the dialogue that should result in the second stronghold being offered to you. Don't remember the name of that variable, though, but it is very easy and what I did with my fighter/mage.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks, R(3), I may give it a try.

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 03-12-2001, 08:21 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Did you refuse Nalia's offer initially and then accept the thieves stronghold first, and then head back to the keep and accept Nalia's offer in your first try? (which is still a glitch, since you are only suppose to have one stronghold only)
Somebody mentioned in an earlier post that the patch fix this problem.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 08:29 PM   #5
Artemis
Dungeon Master

I heard somewhere else that for some reason a fighter/mage multi-class can have both strongholds available to those classes. Can anybody else confirm this? Thanks...
Old 03-12-2001, 08:42 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, it is possible, but probably a glitch like I always say.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!