Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 06:19 AM   #1
peipei_lin
The Magister

Arrow

Is there any other quests or points of interests other than the smith, the magic shop and the inn itself in Waterdeep city?
Trudging around in dungeons and so little about "human" civilisation (note, I didn't say drows) is quite unnerving actually...and I mean the whole HoTU.
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
peipei_lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:11 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

No, there isn't more of Waterdeep to see, unfortunately, but not the entire HotU takes place underground; you'll eventually smell some fresh air in chapter 3.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:44 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

That little bit of water deep that you see in HotU is an open door for the MOD makers to start from. Some body with great insite and love of D&D could start from this point and build the City of Splendors! Which is WaterDeep, and one of the largest and most populated Cities in the World of D&D. Oh wait I'm working on that one now. Slowly but never the less I'm using the many maps of Water deep that I have and I'm trying to bring the complete city to life. Which is a much bigger task than I ever dreamed. There are Hundreds of Buildings and houses and even a city of the dead within the city of Waterdeep.
It won't be ready until sometime after "Ziroc" finishes The Escape from Undermountain and puts it out for Down load.
So maybe summer 2005 I'll Have my first section which will include Castle waterdeep and the Docks and about 150 Houses Stores and assorted wharehouses to explore and steal from If you belong to the thiefs guild. I only have 15% of the warf completed and 40 or so houses. Later gang got to go back to work TTFN.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Actually Neverwinter city was well done but Waterdeep, the fabled Waterdeep was done terribly.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Waterdeep is under attack and thus many parts of it is off limit to non military personnel ( talk to the guard at the barricade ).
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:29 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah I know that, lol and I think peipi knows that too, we're just complaining about the lack of civilized interaction really.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
peipei_lin
The Magister

Thats exactly what I mean, Spirit Warrior

And Stratos, I know chpt3 is "fresh air"...but the sense of civilisation is still fairly weak...
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
peipei_lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 03:40 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by peipei_lin:

And Stratos, I know chpt3 is "fresh air"...but the sense of civilisation is still fairly weak...
Yeah, many of the inhabitants in chapter 3 are not particularly civilized.