Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #11
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Granamere:
TheCrimsomBlade thanks for the link! I have read the info and all but how is this going to fix the level up problem that your henchmen will disappear and the new one will reappear?
Granamere
I don't know how to fix the problem yet but, There are more than just me working on it. As soon as we get it figured out I'll post it. I don't want you to get the idea I'm a programer. I just make suggestions to the team that are and then test the MODs and try to give them more input as to what I think is needed or, where I had problems or see them. There are about 10 or 15 that do the testing and three that are the program brains.

The team is working on code that will allow the original henchmen to follow you in a group of two or three at a time, somewhat like in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale and having them level up and, keep their inventory with you in control of it. The real trick is to be able to put this together in a group of separate patch type down loads that are each under 25 MB each so the people with 56k dial up will be able to get it with less trouble than tring to put out 150MB all at once. I hope this works because, D&D was originaly made to work as a group of adventurers doing Quests as a team and this is what they are tring to do with NWN and SoU.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:08 AM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
The team is working on code that will allow the original henchmen to follow you in a group of two or three at a time, somewhat like in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale and having them level up and, keep their inventory with you in control of it. The real trick is to be able to put this together in a group of separate patch type down loads that are each under 25 MB each so the people with 56k dial up will be able to get it with less trouble than tring to put out 150MB all at once. I hope this works because, D&D was originaly made to work as a group of adventurers doing Quests as a team and this is what they are tring to do with NWN and SoU.
That would be awesome! That was my biggest criticism about the original game. I understood not being able to completely control the NPC (he is an NPC, after all), and was a little annoyed at some of the lack of interaction and choices they made in combat (keep firing bow when enemies right next to you). However, I really hate having only one other character with you. The other stuff I can deal with, but the lack of a group just grated on me. And I know I was not alone, so it is good to hear that they listened and are working on that!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote