Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2004, 01:17 PM   #21
Stratos
Vampire

Well, the Simple Weapons are called that because they're simple to use, rather than simple in design. The Wizards weapons are all fairly simple to use which is useful for a class that don't have much time over for martial arts.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:51 AM   #22
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

I still don't understand the 3rd edition rules. I DM'd pen and paper modules for 1st ed rules for 15 years... rarely 2nd edition. 3rd editon was like throwing a wrench in the cogs of time and screwing everything up. I guess 3rd edition rules aren't based on a 20 sided die to hit? or what have you? and your AC say is a 27? wtf how you going to figure out the thac0 for that? same with saving throws... It was the only drawback to me playing NWN actually.. and how its set up to change class every level... that was kinda very conveluted. If it wasn't for the game play, the eyecandy, and spells (well i don't think the wizard spells at 9th level are all that great, actually they kind of suck) There was nothing like the Imprisonment spell or black blade of disaster to improve battle. I wouldn't have even given it a shot. I am still in the dark how it Hits targets or them hitting me same with the will saves and all that other useless crap. Just My opinion.
Tyranny]SiN[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:08 PM   #23
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
THAC0 is forever gone ::sniffle:: Believe me, I didn't take its passing well either. I was in a snit for days when interacting with my RP friends, we all sat around saying things like, "If it doesn't have THAC0, it's not DnD!"
I had a lot of time on my hands back then.
And don't get me started on the new version of Magic: The Gathering cards. That's a whole new rant altogether. But WoTC may be losing its touch... Whatever. I do what I can with the system, and if I don't like the rules, I change them.
The most important rule of DMing, you're higher than Lord Ao. Don't be beholden to the rules, use them as a guide.
::nods, bows, and walks away, almost falling off the soap box in the process::

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote