Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2003, 01:21 AM   #1
apollo
Dungeon Master

hi i dont have NWN but im getting in a few days.
Can u play LAN because i have two computors on a network and i want to play with my brother and my friend. can i? And if i have baldurs gate ii soa is it worth getting NWN?
Old 08-17-2003, 01:32 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

You can play over LAN, but only if each player has his own NWN CD. Not because you need the CD to start the game (assuming you do a full install, the CD will only be needed for the first few moments between clicking 'play' and the starting menu) but because NWN makes sure that no CD key can be used twice in a game. You could probably all play over the internet or your LAN simultaniously with only a single CD, just not with one another.

As for BG2, that one has too little to do with NWN to be a reason to buy it. You can not import your old characters, unlike what was planned earlier on.

A shame and a shame, no?
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 01:39 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, this is the option list contents:

New Internet/LAN game
Load Internet/LAN game
Join Internet game
Join LAN game

More info, here

This link takes you to the NWN official website and their forum. I suggest it as required reading before you buy the game to make sure you know what to expect in legal terms of playing the game on two computers.