Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, I have a habit of right-clicking on different characters and finding out what their portraits and descriptions are. Now lately, (I am level 17) many people just went from "Very Difficult" to "effortless". Everyone is either Effortless, Easy, or Impossible. This is weird, because the "Effortless" people are just as hard as the Impossible people, what is happening? Even Aribeth, Aarin Gend, and Lord Nasher are effortless. Heck, even Maugrim is effortless! The only one that is impossible is Morag.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:16 PM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Well, I have a habit of right-clicking on different characters and finding out what their portraits and descriptions are. Now lately, (I am level 17) many people just went from "Very Difficult" to "effortless". Everyone is either Effortless, Easy, or Impossible. This is weird, because the "Effortless" people are just as hard as the Impossible people, what is happening? Even Aribeth, Aarin Gend, and Lord Nasher are effortless. Heck, even Maugrim is effortless! The only one that is impossible is Morag.
It's just a level to level analysis of one character to another. Not necessarily how effective they are in fighting. I find that trolls are effortless (and they are - at my being 14th level), but when I fight magic users of almost any sort, I get my bu** handed to me on a platter. That is my main weakness. Whenever I see a MU, I go for them first. It's the only way I can survive. Once they are dead, most other enemy goes down pretty easy (this is not with the hacked character I was playing around with, but my regular 9th level Ranger / 3rd level Thief / 2nd level Sorceror. It got so bad that I purchase a time stop scroll every so often, in case the heat gets too bad, then cast it, head out somewhere safe and heal up. Then go back and kick some booty. LOL. It used to be invisibility scrolls before, or ducking out where I couldn't be seen and using stealth, but it seems that happens less and less now. I fought Morag's disciples (with regular character and not cheated character) and was able to beat them, but up against Morag, I don't last but a couple of seconds (no place to run when using Time Stop - though it does give me a chance to use some potions of healing).
Old 08-07-2002, 04:44 PM   #3
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Save your game. Exit. Re-boot (though not required). Start game again. Right click.

You may also notice from time-to-time that you lose your "skills" and "feats." They're still there. It's just the "character" window seems to have some problem getting the information.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote