Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2002, 10:39 PM   #11
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Darknite:
Now I firmly believe you have the right to voice your opinion but I have to say that this may not be the place to do so, I think just about everyone here has a passion for RPG/CRPG & loves NWN.
I think everyone who has posted has a passion for RPG/CRPG games, but not everyone who loves RPGs is going to love NWN and just reading through the comments, there seems to be a lot who don't. A number of people have posted comments about the basic campaign and they are justified in their opinions. If you don't like threads which debate the merits of the game, then avoid them. There is valid reason to voice your opinion: developers read these boards too and hopefully if the comments made are specific and not too inflametory they will take the suggestions to heart.

All the negative posts have said that this game has potential, they have just all agreed that the campaign that shiped with the game seems quite short and too linear. Compared to other games in this genre those statements seem quite true. This in no way distracts from the high potential the game has for multiplayer, but it does leave the question of why bioware spent time on the campaign to create something not up to their own standards, when they could have spent that time making the multiplayer potential even greater (ie completed the wizards for the construction kit).
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:44 PM   #12
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Collective:
Err actually, a part of the Collective is with MagiK on this..

Change genre... If you don't see the benefits of of actually going through the plots, don't try Morrowind, cause people still asks you to do things that is not benficial for you...
Ah, but in NWN if you don't do what people ask you to do, the game comes to a standstill realy fast. The genius of Morrowind is that you can ignore everyone, go out on your own to explore and still have hundreds of things to do.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 10:58 AM   #13
Wolven
Dungeon Master

Like a lot of other people here. I don´t think Bio outdid themselves with the single player part of the game (I AM playing it and enjoying it) However, the game plays out like a Diablo " with 3:ed rules. However, I truly think that this game shines with multiplayer and the ability to create your own mod (which seem to be ver light on the harddisk) Also, since this game is so expandable and customizable, I believe that a good idea for Bio would be to come out with an adition pack with more solo adventures (a better one, considering they came up with the bg and IWD series, this shouldn´t be too hard), more monsters, tiles, spells, etc, the options are endless, it all depends on their imaginatios, or ours, since we can make and share our own Mods, and maybe, just maybe, someone will come out with a mod that will put the BG, IWD, and all other games to shame, I lay this challenge before you
Anyone up for it?
Old 07-19-2002, 07:03 PM   #14
magnetism
Manshoon

Perhaps some very enthusiastic game design team will put together the entire BG-SOA-TOB story with the new rules and the superior graphics all together and play interface.. I still have not played BG1 I got bg2 and started there but I have bg1 under my desk for a vacation when I am low on money ^_^